Senton Senton 3S BLX upgrade path ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normand_Nadon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Maybe this question has been asked a million time, and if so please lead me to the right thread, but my search did not yield result...

What kind of upgrades can be done to my truck, without going crazy and ending-up with something that costs as much as a bigger/better model... It is on 6 cells 5500 mAh and a brushless motor. I have the newer DSMR 3 channel Spektrum remote, not the old one everyone was complaining about.

I was thinking...
  • Dismantling everything and putting better lubricants in
  • Something to keep the dirt, rock, squirrel, deer outside of the internal "tray"
  • Changing the gear ratio to lower the top speed and give more torque (Top speed on 3 cells is fun, but almost un-drivable and useless!)
  • Taking an old gyro I have and putting it up front... - Would you use head lock or juste rate Gyro mode?
  • First real upgrade would be new adjustable all-metal shock absorbers with boots
  • Tires will need changing someday... what is a good upgrade for multi terrain bashing ?
  • Then what?
Have a nice day all!

Last edited:
What's your goal with the truck? I'm not sure the stock transmitter and receiver are gyro acceptable. Look to radiolink, flysky, futaba, spectrum systems that have some form of stability control if you want to go fast in a straight line and have a bit more control. The senton's kind of limited to tire choices as monster truck tires can cause body rub issues. But there are a ton of choices on horizon hobbies website for 14mm hex wheels. If you don't like those you can swap out the 14mm hexes for 12mm and go wild on wheel and tire choices. By chucks do you mean hexes? If so they are already metal if it's the v3 from my understanding.

What's your goal with the truck? I'm not sure the stock transmitter and receiver are gyro acceptable. Look to radiolink, flysky, futaba, spectrum systems that have some form of stability control if you want to go fast in a straight line and have a bit more control. The senton's kind of limited to tire choices as monster truck tires can cause body rub issues. But there are a ton of choices on horizon hobbies website for 14mm hex wheels. If you don't like those you can swap out the 14mm hexes for 12mm and go wild on wheel and tire choices. By chucks do you mean hexes? If so they are already metal if it's the v3 from my understanding.

My bad, I meant shock! not chuck! lol!

The remote has nothing to do with the gyro... I tried my old helicopter gyro tonight and it is CRAZZZYYYY! It was a really nice idea.
For now, I am adjusting the rate with the potentiometer on the gyro. I will open the TX later to modify the way the third channel is connected... For now it is a 3-way switch, but I will change this for another potentiometer for the Gyro rate so I can adjust it remotely and even put it in head-lock mode!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back