Senton 3S BLX wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey Guys, I'm new to the site and to RC cars. I bought a Sentons 3S cause i like the short course look and its an awesome little truck, now i have recently ripped the rr tire. Now I am wondering about changing tires. i run mostly on dirt, grass and gravel. However i do sometimes hit some pavement. i have noticed that 14mm hex wheels seem to come on monster trucks more than sct. what all needs to be changed to run the monster wheel/tire setup? Is it worth it? is there a more durable sct tire than the factory dboots fortress?

Hey Guys, I'm new to the site and to RC cars. I bought a Sentons 3S cause i like the short course look and its an awesome little truck, now i have recently ripped the rr tire. Now I am wondering about changing tires. i run mostly on dirt, grass and gravel. However i do sometimes hit some pavement. i have noticed that 14mm hex wheels seem to come on monster trucks more than sct. what all needs to be changed to run the monster wheel/tire setup? Is it worth it? is there a more durable sct tire than the factory dboots fortress?
You can run the Granite tires and the only mod is some body trimming and a smaller pinion.

So no issues with overheating the esc or motor if you lower the pinion gear? How far down do you need to go? No issues with diff's or transmission
15T is what the Granite runs and has no issues. If you want to add a motor fan, you can go up to 18T.

Awesome thanks for the advice. I have thought about doing the 12mm hex conversion and keeping sct wheels but I have different options now

Awesome thanks for the advice. I have thought about doing the 12mm hex conversion and keeping sct wheels but I have different options now
The only thing else I would add is get a temp gun ($10 or less) and keep an eye on your motor and ESC. Keep them 170F or less. Check every 5 mins or so until you’re sure the temps are good. Then just check randomly as you change packs.

Hello good sir,

U can also get an 14mm to a 17 mm hex adapter, and then you can use the senton 6s wheels , and with the kraton 4s tires the minokawa, or the MT Outcast Backflip 4s
All 17 mm hex.

Just a thought

Plus the 17mm are much better in withstanding the stress and wear plus they don't strip out as easily as (possibly) the 12mm ers

Macspacey out
PEACE!!

?Eat?Sleep?〽?Bash?Repeat
?Eat?Sleep?〽?Bash?Repeat

you can also keep the stock 14mm wheel and glue any tire you want. I'm happy with the pit bull on mixed terrain including pavement, as they last forever, but they will not grab as well as the stocks on grass and dirt. they also look so much nicer than the stocks, they look scale.

another option is to buy glued 12mm tires and just change the hexes to 12mm, 12mm will be fine on SCT tires, it's the bigger wheels that are the problem.

is there a more durable sct tire than the factory dboots fortress?

For the outside carpet sessions, we are using Shumaker stagger rib tires for the rebuild Senton 3s. Pretty durable but average traction. 17 hex adapter. (picture)
I agree with spacey and the 17 mm "theory". :)
For excellent traction, we use the VPPro buggy 1-8 tires. But so-so durability... :)

Attachments

• IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 62
you can also keep the stock 14mm wheel and glue any tire you want. I'm happy with the pit bull on mixed terrain including pavement, as they last forever, but they will not grab as well as the stocks on grass and dirt. they also look so much nicer than the stocks, they look scale.

another option is to buy glued 12mm tires and just change the hexes to 12mm, 12mm will be fine on SCT tires, it's the bigger wheels that are the problem.
Which pitbull tires are you using. I seen some the other day and they look amazing. I think it was the rock beast xor. They look like they will grab gras and dirt very easily with the mud grip tire look

Or you can just replace with the stock tires. Get another set from a kit breaker for less $$. This way you will always have a matching spare to throw on your rig. All tires will tear up at some point. This has been efficient for me as well. But I have like 50 tires/wheels of all types floating around. I have Backflips on hand for instance( my goto's) as spares, just to slap on as needed. If you blow any one tire, It gets expensive reshoeing a set of 4 different tires of different brands all the time. Then one tire will go and and you are SOL again. You end up with 3 of the same tires collecting dust. All tires will fail at some point. Been there.
Just some food for thought.

SrC I see your point, just looking for a more durable tire, these new tires have probably 5 full 3s battery runs. I only have 1 battery and not a lot of time to play. I may have caught a root or rock or something else that caused it come apart. Just kinda disappointed in the life it had.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back