Senton Senton 3s Difference between old (102668) and new (102721)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl_senton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi there!

I am new to this forum, and I would like to start with the question, as mentioned in the title: Are there any big differences between the "old"/discontinued version of the Senton 3s BLX (102668, could not find if this is Version 1/2/3/...) and the new/current version (102721).

Reason being: the new versions seems out of stock, kind of everywhere at the moment, but I would be able to get the older version for the same price as the new one. But before buying I would like to know if there is a significant difference, or any at all.

I have searched both the forum, but could not really find an answer for the 3s, only the differences for the 6s where explained, and the net.
Living in Europe (Austria) I have mainly searched European sites/online dealers and the LHSs which are (kind of) nearby. And one LHS has the "old" version, but could not tell/was not sure what the differences where.

Thank you so much in advance!

PS.: sorry for any spelling errors ...

Thank you! That was a quick response!

As far as I can see, it is out of stock there as well. Or did I miss something on that site?

I have not asked them specifically, but everywhere I asked (3 different dealers) they are out of stock and will be coming in the next 4 to 5 weeks. And there is my problem: if I do not have it on Christmas, there will be tears from my son, and with that a lot of (to put it mildly: ) "unhappiness" from the Misses ;) So no happy times for sure if that happens ;)

Thank you! That was a quick response!

As far as I can see, it is out of stock there as well. Or did I miss something on that site?

I have not asked them specifically, but everywhere I asked (3 different dealers) they are out of stock and will be coming in the next 4 to 5 weeks. And there is my problem: if I do not have it on Christmas, there will be tears from my son, and with that a lot of (to put it mildly: ) "unhappiness" from the Misses ;) So no happy times for sure if that happens ;)
Oh yeah just noticed it is out of stock.

I saw a couple on UK sellers, just Google (buy rc UK). For me, in Malta postage was super stupid (90 euro just postage) + no lipos were going to be sent so I opted to shop around

The current versions are part numbers

ARA102721T1 Green STX2
ARA102721T2 Orange STX2

Discontinued model

AR102668 Green TTX300

Honestly, if you can find the discontinued model I would get that one because it has the better radio. The other difference is an updated slipper clutch, but that is not as big of a deal as the crappy STX2 radio.

Thank you! Great and fast responses! That was the kind of advice I was looking for! Thank you!
Then it will be the older version.

I buy them localy.
The LHSs are close, and most stuff - if you consider shipping - costs about the same as online. And most parts I needed they had, so far, in stock. So, so far, I had no intention in buying online. Maybe that will change in the future, because they seem not to have a lot in stock for Arrma. But maybe thats because they break less than traxxas slashes? don't know so far, but am happily looking forward to learn ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back