Senton 3S ESC/throttle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeki

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
I have a problem with my Senton 3S BLX.

My previous ESC stopped working. I waited about 2 weeks and received a new one. I connected everything properly, bound successfully to my transmitter, and set the throttle according to the instructions.

I now have steering but no forward or reverse. When I engage the throttle the ESC flashes red, beeping loudly and constantly. The beeping stops as soon as my finger is off the throttle. The RC is registering the input but instead of throttle I just get these shrill beeps. If I turn my throttle trim up all the way, the same thing will happen.

I have tried resetting the new ESC, checking all connections... everything I can possibly think of.

Is something else broken then, like the motor? Official support isn't available to me until Monday.

Sounds like something is not plugged in the transmitter correctly. Double check everything is correct.

Hi @Ozeki,

I had the same issue on my Typhon 3S, and it turned out to be the motor. Explained the issue to my local hobby shop and they requested pictures of the motor, they showed the shaft was slightly off centre. Motor was replaced under warranty, once the new one arrived, I opened the broken one, and the bearings were completely destroyed. Ordered a replacement set from Plaig, for a Senton it would be https://plaig.com.au/product/arrma-senton-3s-bearing-kits-all-options/?v=6cc98ba2045f Have not actually replaced them as yet though.

Hope this helps

20200906_102555.jpg

20200906_105055.jpg

Hi @Ozeki,

I had the same issue on my Typhon 3S, and it turned out to be the motor. Explained the issue to my local hobby shop and they requested pictures of the motor, they showed the shaft was slightly off centre. Motor was replaced under warranty, once the new one arrived, I opened the broken one, and the bearings were completely destroyed. Ordered a replacement set from Plaig, for a Senton it would be https://plaig.com.au/product/arrma-senton-3s-bearing-kits-all-options/?v=6cc98ba2045f Have not actually replaced them as yet though.

Hope this helps

View attachment 109229

View attachment 109230
Thanks for your help. I definitely suspect a motor issue now that ESC is not the culprit... I should be covered under warranty so money shouldn't be a worry; waiting for a replacement probably will be.

Make sure your ESC wire into the receiver isn’t backwards. Make sure it’s in CH2 and the black wire is towards the edge. White towards the center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back