Senton Senton 3s hesitates, then stops after few seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speediemb

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
So I have a Senton 3s 4wd. It has the BLX 100, and the CBS motor. I bought this used few weeks back. It has ran great until this weekend. It struggles to go, then just stops. Batteries are fully charged. I’ve rest the ESC. I can’t figure out, and have no extra money to take to hobbie store. All advice/help would be great. I’ve never owned a RC car, so I don’t know much about all the components. Thanks in advance. Mike

If you have to narrow it down, I say its one of 3 components.
Motor, ESC, Lipo pack. Check the voltage on your 3S pack after they are fully charged. Should be 4.2v per cell. (12.6v total pack voltage) Is the pack also used? Are the lipo leads in good condition as well. Connectors also. If you have the older red Deans T-plug connector, they go bad at times and work intermittently. What charger are you using?
You already reset the ESC, the motor would be next. Check all the motor wires. Make sure they have clean connections and check all other wiring as well. Have you gotten the rig all wet at any time?
You do still have steering control? Correct.?
Hopefully others will chime in. :cool:

If you have to narrow it down, I say its one of 3 components.
Motor, ESC, Lipo pack. Check the voltage on your 3S pack after they are fully charged. Should be 4.2v per cell. (12.6v total pack voltage) Is the pack also used? Are the lipo leads in good condition as well. Connectors also. If you have the older red Deans T-plug connector, they go bad at times and work intermittently. What charger are you using?
You already reset the ESC, the motor would be next. Check all the motor wires. Make sure they have clean connections and check all other wiring as well. Have you gotten the rig all wet at any time?
You do still have steering control? Correct.?
Hopefully others will chime in. :cool:
Thanks, I will check these things. The truck was soaked... I was going through mud puddles. It said waterproof. I took it that literally. Haha. Steering works fine. I have the venom duo charger. All the lipos are brand new, or slightly used. Good voltage. It’s like the power surges while I hold it up. When I put on ground, it putz a little then stopped.

Ok Yeah. Got it wet. Stuttering ESC results from getting wet with no maintenance thereafter. The Mosfets are probably corroded in the ESC or even the motor may be corroded. Sometimes it could even be the Reciever and RX box got all wet. Take it apart all and examine those also. Time to learn tearing down your RC rig. That's where the fun begins anyway.
Well now you know, that's all. Your call whether you want to run the wet stuff in the future. ?‍♂️
I found that most Electrics WILL fail from water ingress. I do not believe in WP. Splash proof marketing. Been doing RC for 30+ years. I try to keep my stuff dry. I do run my Crawlers in streams etc. But I personally waterproof all components and use SS ball bearings etc. I never run any of my other RC's in water. Gets too expensive to repair.
You motor will fail next. water got inside for sure. The whole rig will need much sooner maintenance and replaced parts. Ball bearings will rust also. No big deal, if you accept the facts as they are.
Good luck.
Call HH for warranty. See what they say.?
:cool:

Back