Senton Senton 3S Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spug

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some Hoons for my Senton 3S but before I throw down $70 plus the cost to convert to 17mm hexes I wanted to get some input. Anyone tried them?

Depends on what your objectives are.

Going 17mm hex in general will open up a wide diversity of wheels/tires to try. So that may be worth the consideration regardless.

Hoons are, eh, okay. I have a set of silver 53/107 hoons that I run on my tekno SCT410 for steet bashing. They don't have much grip, almost to a fault. I haven't had any issues with wear, but then again, the SCT410 weighs next to nothing compared to the 6s typhon or infraction. I ended up not being as "Wow'd" with them as I thought I would when purchasing. But they do the trick for street bashing right now. Alot of folks like GRPs. The XM7's supposedly have better traction and longer life than the hoons and will cost the same. You can always look at duratrax for some cheap tires on 14mm and see if those will work for your objectives.

If you're power sliding or need impressive smoke or threadmarks for video, this is your tire. But that's all they really have going for them. Some say its a good drift tire but lack of grip makes it hard to control the drift. But there are definitely better road tires for your money out there.

For bashing, Hoons may be a bit heavy for a 3s rig. I don't know from experience but they may end up breaking the axles. What are you planning on using it for, road bashing/drifting?
Again I've never tried them. I try to use lighter wheels for the 3s 4x4 stuff.

Right on. Thanks all. Just looking for something to beat around with on the street without smoking my dirt tires. Definitely looking for something on the grippy side.
I bought some cheap on road SCT tires from Amazon but they just slide like crazy. Very durable but crap for traction. Need more grip!

Right on. Thanks all. Just looking for something to beat around with on the street without smoking my dirt tires. Definitely looking for something on the grippy side.
I bought some cheap on road SCT tires from Amazon but they just slide like crazy. Very durable but crap for traction. Need more grip!
Check out the GRP 1/8 GT wheels. Light weight, range of different compounds, good for higher speeds and reasonably priced.

Will do. I also have a set of Duratrax Lockup sc and they grip my road perfectly but they are shredding to pieces. Excellent off-road tire though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back