Senton 3s How big of a deal is the C rating for these cars?

Thread starter #1
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Just ordered a pair of 3s sentons for me and my 8yr old son. This will be his first RC but he is smart and understands he will need to control and not just jam the controls. I actually let him drive my notorious 6s and even my 1/5 scale baja only for a sec! lol anyway im shopping for batteries and wondering how much the C rating really matters with land RC. Iknow in my helis the C rating is a big deal but I have used packs that can hardly fly my helis but kick ass in my truck. so can I realistically get good power with say a 25c 3s turnigy pack?

SrC

Arrma RC's
Outcast, Notorious
In my opinion probably not . 45C+ is what you need. you don't need 100C though. And 4000mah at minimum would allow for some fun time and consistent punch from most of that run time.

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
C rating is a big deal. To low and the batteries could burn up in your Senton. Better to go higher than recommended than lower than recommended. It will say in the manual what the minimum C rating is for the truck.

2fast4u

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton
Rotor/propeller load is more consistantly continuous than surface vehicle load so I would expect the results you notice, but too low a (c) rating will catch up to you. I would stay at the minimum recommend rating at the least, and a bit above is even better. No need to risk a bonfire.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Kraton, Outcast, Senton
Stay away from bias lipos... I had a pair of 3s 5000mah 50c packs that puffed up a great deal and were super hot on first run in one of my boats. My 50c venoms got warm but handled the draw much better than the ā€œ50cā€ bias packs.

SrC

Arrma RC's
Outcast, Notorious
In my opinion 25c is too low for the Senton 3S. (4x4 surface vehicle) Bear in mind C ratings with lipos is not a regulated industry spec. Manufacturers true C ratings are driven by marketting. And in general, your mAH capacity in addition to its respective c discharge rate will determine if that battery is appropriate for the gross amp draw. Name brand lipo packs tend to be closer to actual advertised specs. I've seen budget 100C packs that were more equivelent to name brand 50c rate packs, with both having the same mAH capacity. You pay alot more for higher ratings too. The Lipo batterry industry is a dark industry.that is not uniform in testing and matching cells. And it is hard to compare brand A specs with brand B's. I would use spec ratings to compare packs within the Brand's offerings. I would not run less than 45c in the Senton 3S.