Senton 3S HR Shock body build suggestions request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dulb_D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I just ordered the HR shock bodies to replace my leaking stock shocks on my Senton 3S as they seem to be the only thing I can find available and at a reasonable price. Anyone with the same model use these and have any advice on what oil and springs to go with? I would prefer to use the stock springs and I assume those will work fine, just not sure about what weight of oil would work best or any other pro-tips that may make things work better.

Any advice for this project is much appreciated!

I run losi 80wt in my 3s shocks.. it's honestly preference on what wieght to use.. I bash and jump my rigs big time, so that wieght works well for me.. I also like 80wt for street.. you have to test and see how the rig reacts in turns both on and off power.. less viscosity more body roll and 3 wheel turn on power exits which can be beneficial in maintaining a line on a track... it all depends what you want to do... and the only real answer is what you like... so it's up to you...

I run losi 80wt in my 3s shocks.. it's honestly preference on what wieght to use.. I bash and jump my rigs big time, so that wieght works well for me.. I also like 80wt for street.. you have to test and see how the rig reacts in turns both on and off power.. less viscosity more body roll and 3 wheel turn on power exits which can be beneficial in maintaining a line on a track... it all depends what you want to do... and the only real answer is what you like... so it's up to you...
I'd be wanting it setup for fairly mediocre bash sessions. No epic sends or anything. I guess the stock dampening worked fine for me but if there was a better setup for all-around use than I'd be open to trying it out. I just don't really have any knowledge or intuition on what would work well and don't really want to take the time and money to figure it out on my own. I am a lazy, lazy man.

Simple. Keep the stock springs and oil. The stock setting is good.
One thing to consider is that the HR shocks are a bit longer, which can be a good thing if you want more travel for jumps and driving in bumpy terrain. But is you want to keep it stable at high speed then use the stock orange orings (you’ll have two left overs from each shock) to shorten the travel to stock length. You’ll need to use one oring in the front and two in the back. This will give you the exact same setting as stock - only a non leaking one.

Simple. Keep the stock springs and oil. The stock setting is good.
One thing to consider is that the HR shocks are a bit longer, which can be a good thing if you want more travel for jumps and driving in bumpy terrain. But is you want to keep it stable at high speed then use the stock orange orings (you’ll have two left overs from each shock) to shorten the travel to stock length. You’ll need to use one oring in the front and two in the back. This will give you the exact same setting as stock - only a non leaking one.
I'm not sure I understand what orange o-rings you are referring to. Are you talking about the two o-rings in the cartridge at the bottom of the shock? Those are black.

Yes, the o-rings are the same as stock, and they are used to seal the oil. what I meant is to use some extra o-rings from the stock shocks to shorten them to stock size, by installing them between the piston and the lower cap, 1 o-ring on the front shock and 2 on the back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back