Senton Senton 3S not moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ40andOver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
So I got this Senton 3S about 2 months ago. This is my 3rd outing with it. Bashing for about 10 minutes & then it make a few clicks & just stopped moving, forwards or backwards. Front wheels turn left/right just fine. Motor & ESC fans still spinning & when I touched the motor with my index finger, it was hot, but not crazy. At first I thought it was the battery, so I put in a freshly charged battery. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning on my stand, the wheels went forward/reverse just fine. I put it on the ground & it clicked 3 or 4 times & then stopped again. I'm coming from a 2WD Slash. I think the spur or slipper has gone, but I'm not sure. So before I tear into this or mess up the warranty, what do you experts think?

Could be many things. Faulty ESC, loose connectors, radio issues, stripped gears, bent motor mount...

Could you describe the problem with more detail? Does it click when all the wheels rotate, or when it tries to move when pulling the trigger? When you push the truck by hand is there a lot of resistance? When you said it stops, can you still hear the motor spooling up?

I made a short video. Frankly, it's like the parking brake is stuck. It did move some at the end of the video but it locked up as soon as I let go of the trigger. I thought maybe a rock was binding but the wheels move as they should when I pick it up. The clicking has increased to loud clacking.

Bearings in the motor have gone and they are jamming up the motor. Don't move it any more till you take the motor apart and see if it's repairable.

They may send you a new motor under warranty.

That's my guess too - the motor bearings may have seized

Remove the entire power module with the motor in it and try moving the truck my hand to confirm it. Warranty claim a new motor ?

Not seized I don't think. Come apart and there are ball bearings jamming your armature inside the motor. It's doing exactly what mine did.

So are the bearings covered under the warranty or do I have to just pay for that out of pocket?
So if I was to get this, would that be a good fit/size of motor for the Senton 3S?

Word is they may just send you a new motor. Some people have had that.
If they don't replace the motor you could just get a Surpass 3665 or 3674. Should cost less than 30 bucks. You can order from Banggood. You would want the 2,900kv version.

Screenshot_20201023-212834_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
You also need to look at the thread in the Electronics section called "BLX Motor". It has a bunch of info on how to seal up the clutch housing so it doesn't happen again.
Anyone ever had any luck rebuilding Arrma motors? Today my BR stop running, took it apart and found out the front bearing in the motor blew apart. Not sure if its worth it or not. Kinda sucks, not very old 2400KV 3668 4-POLE

Well this is now a saga. Trying to get the motor off I broke the tab but my real issue is there is that in additon to the grub screw, there is a clip holding the pinion gear on that I cannot get off. I looked at the exploded parts view & that clip is not there. Also I found 3 videos on YouTube & they did not have the clip either.

senton motor tabe broke.jpg

senton pinion gear clip not coming off.jpg

Well I got the clip off, but the pinion is still not coming off. I sent an email to Arrma support.

Well I got the clip off, but the pinion is still not coming off. I sent an email to Arrma support.
Hit it with some heat and it will come off. Direct flame to the end of the shaft and pinion. Give it a full min or two of heat and it will come off like butter

Hit it with some heat and it will come off. Direct flame to the end of the shaft and pinion. Give it a full min or two of heat and it will come off like butter

This did the trick. I have a small butane torch & it took about 10 seconds of flame & then I was able to pry the pinion gear off.

I got the new Spektrum 1900Kv motor installed with the default pinion gear (which is a 20 I believe) & it the truck now goes much slower. I should be able to install the 15 tooth pinion with no trouble?

New motor installed compared to OEM motor
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AduB9v7ERyF3QnoA7

Put the new Spektrum SMART ESC in & now she rocks. So much so that I destroyed the plastic OEM sput gear in about 30 seconds. Now I just need to find a metal spur. Compared to upgrading my Slash, I'm really loving the potential of this Senton.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bZcdSVaxo3wcxZpN6

As an aside, I know it is expensive, but to go full Spektrum (ESC, motor, transmitter & battery) is great. I have a DX5C telementry capable transmitter & once I put the new ESC in all the SMART features just started working. Temp of motor & ESC, signal strength, battery V & more. After having spent the money, I think it is worth it. Hopefully I will be getting a new SMART ESC/motor combo for my Outcast 6S soon.

Last edited:
So I got this Senton 3S about 2 months ago. This is my 3rd outing with it. Bashing for about 10 minutes & then it make a few clicks & just stopped moving, forwards or backwards. Front wheels turn left/right just fine. Motor & ESC fans still spinning & when I touched the motor with my index finger, it was hot, but not crazy. At first I thought it was the battery, so I put in a freshly charged battery. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning on my stand, the wheels went forward/reverse just fine. I put it on the ground & it clicked 3 or 4 times & then stopped again. I'm coming from a 2WD Slash. I think the spur or slipper has gone, but I'm not sure. So before I tear into this or mess up the warranty, what do you experts think?
I have the same problem but mine with move back and forth but will not move the fan is working and it is stering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back