Senton 3s pinion gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alchemist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Limitless
What's up peps got a question, I have the senton 3s blx and I just installed the granite tires on it but was told that I need to lower my pinion gear to prevent overheating issues, is this true ? .I noticed driving it yesterday that the motor was hotter than usual and my senton lost power and cut off a few times and I would have to reset it and it would be fine and then cut off again ,I checked the battery (3s) and it still had a full charge ? Any ideas

Yes you now own a Granite for all intents and purposes. You should step down to a 15T to be safe temps wise. It will also help in the amp limiting as well.

What's up peps got a question, I have the senton 3s blx and I just installed the granite tires on it but was told that I need to lower my pinion gear to prevent overheating issues, is this true ? .I noticed driving it yesterday that the motor was hotter than usual and my senton lost power and cut off a few times and I would have to reset it and it would be fine and then cut off again ,I checked the battery (3s) and it still had a full charge ? Any ideas
Tire size affects your gearing. Going to bigger tires is like going with a larger pinion. What you have now is the same as running a 20t on a Granite, which I've tried. It causes excessive heat and cogging from a dead stop. 15t with Granite tires will get you close to the same speed as you had with the stock tires and a 20t. If you want a little more, try a 17t.

Is the 15T pinion a drop in replacement? I just bought a used Senton 3S BLX and it has bigger wheels on it. Coggs a bit at startup. I haven't counted the teeth, but everything is supposed to be stock on it (other than shocks). If it is stock, then I have a 20T, and dropping down to a 15T sounds good to me. This this is faster than I need, rather have torque.

Yes you can put a 15 in it, I used the one out of my granite when I put the granite tires on my senton and it ran fine.

Do the new safe-d pinions fit v2 3s? Is it just keyed to fit the shaft now or is there any other difference. Can’t find a v2 15t pinion to save my life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back