Senton Senton 3s RWD???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViljoBash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Ok,so if one would happen to have the urge to drive the senton RWD...what are the possible hiccups that would occur??

I´ve done it little bit,it was fun.But it was because I had some other parts dissassembled as well.Trying to figure out what was wrong with it.And the driveshaft was off because of that...so I was tempted.
So,little bit I´ve read,driving RWD it´s going to destroy something or it is not adviced.

So,I´m thinking,is it the same thing as with the 1:1 cars with no locking differential...it´ll f**ks up your differential,because the other wheel spins two times as fast as the other one,and eventually it´ll break.I know this will happen eventually,because I´ve done it with 1:1 cars.But these things seems to have enough grunt that it almost never spins only one wheel like the full size cars.

Is this the case with these also??is there a way to build or modify locking differential to these things???Or is it just a caution on what you are doing and paying the consequenses afterwards?

I think the worst that will happen is possibly wear out the bearing on the slipper due to an unbalanced load. But I don't even know that is a certainty. Or, you could just remove the front driveshafts from the front diff outputs and outer sections at the u-joints. This is more work, but may be safer in the long run?

Better question is, why the hell you prefer RWD and why you spent more money on a 4x4 model. You can buy a 2WD for less.

I've done this a bit in my Granite, and in other 4wd cars. It works. Handling is off, not like a proper 2wd. But it works.

Here is my last Granite bashing vid. Front ujoint broke early, I kept running in 2wd. Had fun once I got used to the handling.

I thought I replied to this on the first day... Apparently I never hit "post"...

This is where my original granite mega is right now. I gutted the front diff and drive shafts, leaving the axle stubs and the last section of shaft after the u joint to hold the front wheels on. With a mild brushless and a 13 or 14 t pinion running on nimh batteries for the kids, this thing is a blast! I put the BRCC wheels/tires on it since they're pretty cheap from JRC, and beat the snot out of it. It's a wheelie machine that tops out at about 20 which is perfect for my 4 year old, who can't reach the brake... Luckily the esc in it has a drag brake! I haven't had any problems with it, and it is still with 48p gears and the mega slipper. I'd think the 3s would be just fine. In fact, I thought of trying to set up my lwb with heavy rear diff oil and pulling the front in an attempt to make a 3s tire chewing drifter.

Yeah,thats why I also would like to do it sometimes.Drift like a motherf***r.And then I could drive 4wd or RWD,witchever suits my needs at the time.
At asphalt 4WD with that grunt is too much to drift,it picks up too much speed or tries to roll.
And on 1:1 cars I'm somewhat of a tire hater and I like to see them burn...so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back