Senton Senton 3s shocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh How Original

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Good evening folks, having not run my Senton 3s 4x4 for a couple of months, I assume the insides of the shocks dried up and the seals went bad from no use, because after one run today, all four shocks have leaked their fluid, all over the arms and tyres.
So, question, what are people running?
I have done a search, but all I found was threads for people asking about shorter shocks.
I want to keep stock height (don't mind 1-2mm difference either way)
I know the obvious choice would be Powerstrokes, but they are pricey and I don't use the truck too much at the moment.
Alternatively, are their upgrades you can do to the original shocks to rebuild them for better longivity?
Cheers :)

Greetings,

I went a little crazy on shocks for my Senton 3s BLX, and ended up with: Pro Line Power Stroke, Pro Line Pro Spec, Hot Racing 105's and Hot Racing 90's. I also have all of the spring sets from Pro Line.

Here are a few observations from a newbie:

1. There is no "single" shock setup for all terrain options. What works great in grass is terrible for hard pack dirt, which is also terrible for asphalt. Think that if you are changing your tires for the surface, plan on adjusting or changing your shocks as well.

2. The Big Bores in the rear seem to do the best all around, but the front is a different story. For loose, dead grass with dirt lumps, I actually run the HR 105's in the front. I know it's blasphemy to use your upper tie rods to limit droop, but in grass that's exactly what I do. Great traction and minimal traction rolls ( still happens some ).

3. On harder surfaces or if I'm in the air, I switch to putting the Pro Comp rear shocks on the front and adjust ride height with the springs. Running 35 weight oil front and rear.

So far I've been pleased with both brands of shocks, but I've run into the limits of what the chassis and a-arms will allow, so I do the best with what I have.

I also gave up on any kind of budget; these little buggers are bottomless money pits. I have accepted that fact into my life and now sleep better.

s

Some people here have found a simple solution of buying new o-rings and replacing the factory ones (2x) and the plastic cartridge with 5x new rings and omitting the cartridge. You’ll also want some green slime to seal the rings.

Thanks for the replies, I don't really run on grass, mostly gravel actually and general jumping/bashing.. Although I do also like to send it big when I get the chance.
I may well just rebuild them too, any oil weight recommendations? I am guessing about 30 based on what was in them.
Always use green slime too :D I never touched them from opening the box, I should just use it more.
As above though, I don't want to spend Powerstroke money, just for beating the snot out of it.

Thanks for the replies, I don't really run on grass, mostly gravel actually and general jumping/bashing.. Although I do also like to send it big when I get the chance.
I may well just rebuild them too, any oil weight recommendations? I am guessing about 30 based on what was in them.
Always use green slime too :D I never touched them from opening the box, I should just use it more.
As above though, I don't want to spend Powerstroke money, just for beating the snot out of it.
30W is going to be really thin. I wouldn’t go under 40W myself. I actually run 80W in my bashers.

30W is going to be really thin. I wouldn’t go under 40W myself. I actually run 80W in my bashers.

Ahhh my bad, what was in it always felt very thin.
I will try something like 50 then as a starting point and go from there.
Trying to find the right size o rings now.

uxcell O-Rings Nitrile Rubber 2.6mm Inner Diameter 7mm OD 2.2mm Width Round Seal Gasket 50 Pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X2Y4956/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5usyEbQM5B4AV

The o-rings I use. 5 per cartridge. Use Green Slime as posted above, be liberal but try not to get any to seep out the top because it will contaminate your shock fluid. The Green Slime is vital for not only the proper lubrication of the o-rings but to reduce the added friction as much as possible so that you’re not drastically changing your shock action.

You could get the typhon 6s shocks but theyir price sky rocked in jennyrc you could buy the equivalents with the front outcast shocks and mojave or now the best solution if you want to upgrade would be the hot racing shock bodies but i think they are out of stock or discontinued

Thanks all, I will get some of those o rings ordered up, already use green slime everytime I build/rebuild shocks so have that to hand already.
Fingers crossed for smooth leak free shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back