Senton Senton 3S slowed after running through the grass just fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also just charged the Lectron Pro 5200. It took 4658 mAh in 82 minutes.
Something sounds wrong about that. I balance charge packs that size all the time and it only takes 30 to 40 minutes at 7 amps. I would say that you either have a cell going bad which means it would take forever to balance charge or the pack was way over discharged the last time you used it.

I balance charged the Lectron Pro at 5.2A. I actually don't think the Lectron Pro has gone under 3.4V. It was the SMC battery that got down to 3.2V, but as far as I remember the Lectron never went under 3.4V before it would shut off.

Something sounds wrong about that. I balance charge packs that size all the time and it only takes 30 to 40 minutes at 7 amps. I would say that you either have a cell going bad which means it would take forever to balance charge or the pack was way over discharged the last time you used it.
Agree. That's way too long and I bet the last 40 minutes was it trying to balance a bad cell.

Maybe late to the game here but I have a couple Lectron 5200 mah 3s packs that have not been dependable. Slow to balance even the very first time I charged one. I've read that others have experienced problems with Lectron lipos.
When I asked the dealer I bought them from, he of course told me that he's never heard of a problem. This was before I owned any Arrma when I bought a MT10E and have had a bad feeling about Lectron since. Also won't buy anything else from that dealer.
I realize I'm not specific or offering solutions.... just offering my opinion of Lectron after owning two of them and reading online reviews.

Understand. I just spoke to Common Sense Industries and their customer service as fantastic, and they are sending me a replacement battery. However, I'm not sure if it will work any better than the one we already have. Oh well.

Understand. I just spoke to Common Sense Industries and their customer service as fantastic, and they are sending me a replacement battery. However, I'm not sure if it will work any better than the one we already have. Oh well.

Good to hear! If their after sales support is as you say, I may change my mind. I suppose I should've spoken directly to them after I didn't get much help with the dealer.

Just had to discharge a 5000mAh 3s battery that was at 3.94 per cell. 1 hour 7 minutes ?

It's always a laugh when one of the worst drivers I've ever seen breaks my balls. It's like if you called Mike Tyson a pussy ?
If it makes you feel better, I drained two full 4S 5000mah lipos today when I got back from the park after breaking the Kraton. Next time I will save the big jumps for the end of a pack, that way I drain them with the rig and not the discharger.

If it makes you feel better, I drained two full 4S 5000mah lipos today when I got back from the park after breaking the Kraton. Next time I will save the big jumps for the end of a pack, that way I drain them with the rig and not the discharger.
Being a better driver than you does not make me feel better ? That's like saying you're stronger than an infant ???

Resurrecting this thread because I just bought a senton 3s for me and a granite 3s for my son. First time going brushless. I have the same problem with the senton but not as bad with the granite. I ran my 2yr old smc 3s 5400 50c hard case and the senton goes into limp mode after about 5 full speed runs across my yard, 200 feet. Pulled battery and it showed about 4v per cell 80%, with my cell checker, put it in the granite and it ran fine for a dozen more runs across yard and went into limp mode with about 40% left. Reset truck, set radio to 75%, and ran fine to about 20% 7.6 volts per cell before going into limp mode. I also have a couple of 1yr old power hobby 3s 5200 50 c soft packs and they did about the same thing. Esc flashes red light when in limp. 30 deg f outside temps.

I then changed my pinion to 15t and put proline 28 badlands with the changeable hexs and proline monster fusion body and still having same issue. If I run the radio at 75% no issue with going into limp mode with the 3s batteries until 20% left. Maybe 15-20 min run time on grass and gravel. I ran my 6+ year old traxxas 2s 5000 25c packs from my summit through each truck without any issues, cut out with 3.5 volts per cell, 100% on radio, about 25 min run time. Both trucks at 3 on the punch and moved to 5 on brakes.

So, with the SMC battery fully charged, did another test and the senton dropped to low voltage with about 80% left on battery, recharged battery and ran in granite and it made it to about 40% again before hitting lvc.

All my 3s batteries are running xt 60 connectors and 2s are traxxas. I made my own adapters to ec5 with very short 12g wire; I used the same adapter for the test runs. If it was an adapter issue I would think both trucks would be doing the same thing?

Using powerhobby 200w balance charger.

3s batteries were used in SCX10, AX10 and TRX4 Bronco, all running hobbywing 1080 esc’s. and the 2s were only used in summit for a short time. Always stored at 40% Not abused, just crawling.

Sounds like the caps and the long wires could be an issue. Bad esc's?

Sorry for the long post, just trying to give as much info as possible, have not called Arrma or LHS yet. Will run again in a couple days, still have to paint monster fusion body, should not have run it yet but I couldn't wait.

Thanks
Mike

Resurrecting this thread because I just bought a senton 3s for me and a granite 3s for my son. First time going brushless. I have the same problem with the senton but not as bad with the granite. I ran my 2yr old smc 3s 5400 50c hard case and the senton goes into limp mode after about 5 full speed runs across my yard, 200 feet. Pulled battery and it showed about 4v per cell 80%, with my cell checker, put it in the granite and it ran fine for a dozen more runs across yard and went into limp mode with about 40% left. Reset truck, set radio to 75%, and ran fine to about 20% 7.6 volts per cell before going into limp mode. I also have a couple of 1yr old power hobby 3s 5200 50 c soft packs and they did about the same thing. Esc flashes red light when in limp. 30 deg f outside temps.

I then changed my pinion to 15t and put proline 28 badlands with the changeable hexs and proline monster fusion body and still having same issue. If I run the radio at 75% no issue with going into limp mode with the 3s batteries until 20% left. Maybe 15-20 min run time on grass and gravel. I ran my 6+ year old traxxas 2s 5000 25c packs from my summit through each truck without any issues, cut out with 3.5 volts per cell, 100% on radio, about 25 min run time. Both trucks at 3 on the punch and moved to 5 on brakes.

So, with the SMC battery fully charged, did another test and the senton dropped to low voltage with about 80% left on battery, recharged battery and ran in granite and it made it to about 40% again before hitting lvc.

All my 3s batteries are running xt 60 connectors and 2s are traxxas. I made my own adapters to ec5 with very short 12g wire; I used the same adapter for the test runs. If it was an adapter issue I would think both trucks would be doing the same thing?

3s batteries were used in SCX10, AX10 and TRX4 Bronco, all running hobbywing 1080 esc’s. and the 2s were only used in summit for a short time. Always stored at 40% Not abused, just crawling.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to give as much info as possible, have not called Arrma or LHS yet. Will run again in a couple days, still have to paint monster fusion body, should not have run it yet but I couldn't wait.

Thanks
Mike
My problem was caused by two factors I think. Firstly, my charger was set to a default limit on charge that was keeping my batteries from charging fully. Secondly, my 5200Mah battery is a "50C" but I think that it's actually quite a bit lower. I can have it fully charged and run it in the truck with a LVA connected to it and anytime I do a long throttle pull the alarm goes off so the draw is too much for the battery it seems. My other battery 7600Mah 75C does not have this problem and even the 5200Mah has it a lot less after changing the default charge level setting so I am fine now.

Thanks
Mike

Grab a lipo alarm and run again then see if the batteries are dropping to a lower voltage enough that might be tripping LVC. Also those 3s batteires are not having to put out the current (amps) in a crawler that they are in the Senton and Granite. Same for the 2s batteries the current needed to be drawn from the battery isn't as much as it is while running on 3s.

I have ran adapters and still do xt60 to xt90 if the connectors are not getting hot a adapter should be fine. I also prefer to make my own adapters and use short wires not the no wire connector adapters.

Alarm on order, but even with prime amazon 2 day is now 5 days out, cyber Monday rush.

As a side note, how long do you wait to cut off the ec5, I plan on running XT60's, and shorten the wire, to much in there, will they warranty after 6 months on electrics? Should I wait till 2 years up?

I honestly think the motors in these are at the limits of the amp draw for these escs and the cap pack was their bandaid for this
Alarm on order, but even with prime amazon 2 day is now 5 days out, cyber Monday rush.

As a side note, how long do you wait to cut off the ec5, I plan on running XT60's, and shorten the wire, to much in there, will they warranty after 6 months on electrics? Should I wait till 2 years up?
Mine was changed out as soon as I unboxed it, if you ever do have to warranty it keep a spare EC5 connector that you can solder back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back