Senton 3S street race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

French-max

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Can you help me to find the good shock absorber to low my Senton 3S et to convert it on street race .

I would like to have this style.
458117F6-DC9E-41AE-8B0A-9A1244883843.jpeg

thanks

Hello!

Can you help me to find the good shock absorber to low my Senton 3S et to convert it on street race .

I would like to have this style.

thanks
There are multiple ways to do this. You could always take apart the shocks and add spacers to make the shock shorter, which i don't actually recommend, but i have seen it done. You could try touring car shocks, or a 1/12TH scale shock. First i would figure out the stock length of the shocks, then look at stock height and ground clearance, and then figure out how low you want it to be. There are also multiple videos on YouTube about building speed cars.

There are multiple ways to do this. You could always take apart the shocks and add spacers to make the shock shorter, which i don't actually recommend, but i have seen it done. You could try touring car shocks, or a 1/12TH scale shock. First i would figure out the stock length of the shocks, then look at stock height and ground clearance, and then figure out how low you want it to be. There are also multiple videos on YouTube about building speed cars.
Yes It was my idea to use 1/10 or 1/12 scale shock but the diameter is smaller. Is it a problem ?
I see this one.
https://www.rcteam.fr/amortisseurs/...-reglables-1-10-x2-2330011-4250650932923.html
I don’t know it could be ok.

Yes It was my idea to use 1/10 or 1/12 scale shock but the diameter is smaller. Is it a problem ?
I see this one.
https://www.rcteam.fr/amortisseurs/...-reglables-1-10-x2-2330011-4250650932923.html
I don’t know it could be ok.
Smaller diameter wouldnt be the issue. The issues would be, will it fit tightly on the original shock mounts, and will it hold up under higher speeds. Loose on the shock mounts can cause odd issues, from binding to bouncing. Smaller shock shafts can bend easily. As for the ones you listed, they are 85MM from eye to eye, but, what are the shaft and spring size? Those look like on road car shocks, and may end up being too short or weak for the heavier Senton chassis. What you want to look for are big bore shocks for on road cars. The Senton has different length front and rear shocks, so that is also a consideration. The fronts are 110MM and the rears are 115MM stock, so, 85MM might work for the front, but, 95MM would probably be better for the rear.

Smaller diameter wouldnt be the issue. The issues would be, will it fit tightly on the original shock mounts, and will it hold up under higher speeds. Loose on the shock mounts can cause odd issues, from binding to bouncing. Smaller shock shafts can bend easily. As for the ones you listed, they are 85MM from eye to eye, but, what are the shaft and spring size? Those look like on road car shocks, and may end up being too short or weak for the heavier Senton chassis. What you want to look for are big bore shocks for on road cars. The Senton has different length front and rear shocks, so that is also a consideration. The fronts are 110MM and the rears are 115MM stock, so, 85MM might work for the front, but, 95MM would probably be better for the rear.
Yes that's exactly it. 85mm for the front and 95mm for the rear. I will test with then. it should do it.

Yes that's exactly it. 85mm for the front and 95mm for the rear. I will test with then. it should do it.
Thanks for your help biggman. Do you have an exemple of big bore shocks on road cars that would be compatible with my Senton?

Thanks for your help biggman. Do you have an exemple of big bore shocks on road cars that would be compatible with my Senton?
I don't, but, look for parts for the 1/8TH and better 1/10TH on road stuff, like Serpent, Tekno, Vaterra, Topacc, Kyosho, HPI, to name a few. Any 12MM or 14MM big bore on road shock should work. Your best bet would be to look and see what guys on youtube are using for their speed run vehicles.

I've used these there good
Those are a bit too light for a heavy 4WD truck. I have a set of the 100MM ones on the back of a 2WD Arrma Fury, or, did have, and even with light off road use, they bent. Another thought i had, look into the shocks that the Arrma Limitless , Infraction, and Felony use. I know those are 1/7TH scale cars, but, they might work for what you are trying to do.

Those are a bit too light for a heavy 4WD truck. I have a set of the 100MM ones on the back of a 2WD Arrma Fury, or, did have, and even with light off road use, they bent. Another thought i had, look into the shocks that the Arrma Limitless , Infraction, and Felony use. I know those are 1/7TH scale cars, but, they might work for what you are trying to do.
For on road ripping,there fine I wouldn't do off road on them.shouldnt break unless he hits something,I agree the 1/7 are better if you got 80$ to spend on them.ive ran these little 1/10 shocks on my notorious

20210105_181453.jpg

I thought of the Infraction or Felony shocks but they are too short. thank you for your advice anyway. it's nice. I live in France and I have no forum that talks about this type of transformation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back