Senton Senton 3S stripped t-bone bumper screw. How to fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeshandssay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
I tried thread tape. Didn't work. If I use a longer screw it touches something in the front diff and locks it up. You are looking at the front bumper.

What's a popular way fix a stripped screw hole?

Gluing is an option as I don't plan on taking the bumper off too often. But I wouldn't know what kinda glue to use.

Attachments

• 20200511_152040.jpg
    20200511_152040.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 77
If its all plastic, what i do is just thread a slightly bigger diameter bolt into its place. May not be the best practice but it works

If you are saying the screw is threading for ever and is not grabbing the plastic them put a drop of superglue on the hole and thread the screw in thats how i did be carful to not put a longer screw hor its going to puncture inside your diff

Yup, superglue or next size screw.

I first tried superglue on my Wraith's transmission screws, they use something tiny like 4-5mm M3 screws to hold it in, naturally they stripped after 3 rebuilds. A drop of CA and never a problem again.

I used some on the plastic center diff holder on my Kraton too.

Yup, superglue or next size screw.

I first tried superglue on my Wraith's transmission screws, they use something tiny like 4-5mm M3 screws to hold it in, naturally they stripped after 3 rebuilds. A drop of CA and never a problem again.

I used some on the plastic center diff holder on my Kraton too.
The only CA I have is superrrr thin. Hope it works and I don't need to get some kind of gel.

You may want to wrap the screw with some sewing thread ( wind it opposite direction so when you screw it it won't unravel) than a drop or two of super glue. Or slightly larger diameter screw size

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back