Senton 3S tire repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrude

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So on Friday at my son's RC Club meet he ran his Senton nearly full speed into the side of a 1/2" or so thick chipboard ramp. This tore the tire pretty well, and then he drove the car for about another 20 or so minutes after we figured out the tire was torn. The tire ripped all the way through the sidewall edge along the bead.

I ordered a "new" OEM 4 tire set from Jennys RC, but they won't be here until Friday late evening, and RC Club is Friday at 3:30pm. So, I fixed his tire temporary solution. I put in the pics below.

I sewed the tire with 12lb test fishing line using a baseball stitch. The baseball stitch closes up the gap but will not let the edges overlap one another. To get started onsewing, I closed up the tear gap by wrapping with some electrical tape and then putting a few stitches through the sidewall before sewing the tread. I tried to keep the fishing line off the lugs of the tire and only on the tire carcass, in order to keep them from wearing through as quickly.

My original plan was to baseball stitch the tear and then inject some Gorilla glue behind the stitch, but the stitches ended up so tight I really could not get the Gorilla glue nozzle in very well, so I did not bother gluing the tear after the sewing was done. I could have put in the glue first, but then the needle would have been a mess.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I'll update how well it works out. :)

Attachments

• sewtire2.jpg
    sewtire2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 98
  • sewtire3.jpg
    sewtire3.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 68
  • sewtire4.jpg
    sewtire4.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 66
  • sewtire5.jpg
    sewtire5.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 64
  • tirerip1.jpg
    tirerip1.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 69
  • tirerip2.jpg
    tirerip2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 66
  • tirestuff.jpg
    tirestuff.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 68
If you need tires that quickly sometimes Amazon has dboot fortress tires in stock and ready to deliver in 2 days. If not I'd go get some from a local hobby shop for a quick replacement. When I replace my tires I always get a 3rd pair so the next time I only have to buy 1 pair to replace all 4. And if the need arises I have some backup tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back