Senton Senton 3s to 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggaz15974

Reaction score
Just installed the Firma 130a 2s-4s ESC to my senton, which Spektrum state as the perfect ESC/MOTOR combo!

Just want to get an idea if anyone else has run this combo and how there car held up

You can expect the spur gear and diffs to have a reduced life span. I've seen lots of recommendations to upgrade those parts to those from the 4S range.

My Typhon with a 4S combo ate a rear diff pretty quickly, however that had more to do with the driving conditions (off road and really bumpy) and the driver (trying to do speed runs with a GPS) :ROFLMAO:

BTW, Welcome!!!

I'm running a 150 Spektrum ESC in my street Senton. Currently still using the 3200kV motor.
I have a 2050 that does fit, barely, that will go in later.
Only running it on 4S for now as 6S would burn up the 3200 motor and rip it apart without further mods to strengthen the chassis and drivetrain.
On 4S, it screams. Not doing any hard launches has saved my slipper and diffs. My slipper is basically a spool at this point as I have it locked up.
Puts additional stress on the diffs, but those are getting swapped for metal diffs later. anyway.
I may do a full send once the metal parts arrive to see how much punishment the stock diffs can take. :)

Keeping it planted on the ground isn't too bad right now. I have Vendetta front and rear bumpers on it and this one uses metal A-arms. She's a street racer, not an off roader. Slammed suspension, scorched earth inner fenders, and Integy shock tower stiffeners/supports.
Body has been vented to reduce parachuting. In fact it's pretty much eliminated at this point.

Just some mods I've made on one of my Sentons for street runs.
150a Spektrum ESC, center brace, Integy shock tower brace (One of the few things they make that's actually great), Hot Racing metal front and rear A-arms, scorched inner fenders, and some good old duct tape.
It's got a slammed front end and venting on the body for cooling and preventing parachuting.
Metal diffs and spur gear incoming. At that point I may even try a 6S run with the 2050kV motor. It barely fits next to the drive shaft. not rubbing, but real close.

WIth proper parts, you can push these things pretty hard. If you want to run 4S, it is absolutely doable.
6S might be pushing it for bashing, but for street running I'm confident the braced chassis can handle it. Just don't crash into anything. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 11.53.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 11.52.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 11.52.11 PM.png

Can you please explain how you did the venting and how it kept it from parachuting? Good looking Senton btw!
Thx.
The scorched inner fenders contribute a lot to keeping the parachuting down.
I also cut out airflow vents on the lower windshield and made the back window vents functional.
See the pics. They also help keep the motor cool since the inner fenders really cut down on the cooling.
The Vendetta front bumper also blocks a lot of air from getting under the front of the body. Then I used duct tape to fill in the gaps under the body.
Then Vendetta rear air diffuser also helps direct airflow under the rear.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.42.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.41.50 PM.png

Thx.
The scorched inner fenders contribute a lot to keeping the parachuting down.
I also cut out airflow vents on the lower windshield and made the back window vents functional.
See the pics. They also help keep the motor cool since the inner fenders really cut down on the cooling.
The Vendetta front bumper also blocks a lot of air from getting under the front of the body. Then I used duct tape to fill in the gaps under the body.
Then Vendetta rear air diffuser also helps direct airflow under the rear.

View attachment 275058

View attachment 275059
Very nice! Thanks for that! I also have scorched fenders on my Senton. Seems to help somewhat. Some great ideas there!

Last edited:
Just some mods I've made on one of my Sentons for street runs.
150a Spektrum ESC, center brace, Integy shock tower brace (One of the few things they make that's actually great), Hot Racing metal front and rear A-arms, scorched inner fenders, and some good old duct tape.
It's got a slammed front end and venting on the body for cooling and preventing parachuting.
Metal diffs and spur gear incoming. At that point I may even try a 6S run with the 2050kV motor. It barely fits next to the drive shaft. not rubbing, but real close.

WIth proper parts, you can push these things pretty hard. If you want to run 4S, it is absolutely doable.
6S might be pushing it for bashing, but for street running I'm confident the braced chassis can handle it. Just don't crash into anything. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 274868

View attachment 274869

View attachment 274870
nice rig do you have the part numbers for the center brace and front and rear brace mounts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back