Senton 3S tyre recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandolorion

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hi guys.
So burnt through the stock tires in about 6 runs and the left rear is now bald.

Anyone have suggestions for reasonably priced (Not £50 a pair!) tyres for:

A) Asphalt running
B) General all terrain

Don't mind changing the hex sizes, but do not want to run massively different tyre sizes. Also must be available in the UK please.

Thanks!

Louise (left) is the same as Duratrax.
Banditos are very grippy on pavement. If it's warm they are really grippy, nearly too much. Nice to wheely on pavement. Lots of fun when really cold as you will have a hard time flipping over the car on pavement no matter what you do.

20210411_173220.jpg

Here with Granite tires. Lots of fun. But you need to cut the body and adjust the pinion (use Granite pinion).
20211113_235029.jpg

20211123_194116.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man...Had same truck for a month. Shredded 4 tires in hardly a pack each! I have proline trenchers that wear quite well. Unfortunately about 42 bucks a pair. Will need 12mm hexes as well.

Banditos are very grippy on pavement. If it's warm they are really grippy, nearly too much. Nice to wheely on pavement. Lots of fun when really cold as you will have a hard time flipping over the car on pavement no matter what you do.

View attachment 271289

Here with Granite tires. Lots of fun. But you need to cut the body and adjust the pinion (use Granite pinion).
View attachment 271290

View attachment 271291

These ones? https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/314...G7eav8c56C_DhHQ-qKq3B_0kiMaLP48QaApEaEALw_wcB

Was wondering about giving a punt on these cheapo tyres too: https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/271264/

And then pick up some Trenchers or badlands as seen these recommended by a fair few people.

View attachment 271289

I just got some belted Banditos 3.8 MT tires for my Sledge. I've only gotten to run them once so far, but it was a good first-impression, anyways. No ballooning, which was good, unlike the stock off-road tires. Which also made them nice and stable at high-speed, as opposed to the stock ones that get squirrely.

It was maybe 40F, and it's the first run on the tires, so maybe they're still a bit slippery (might still have some mold-release on them, etc). I found I had less grip than I expected, given how wide they are (4.2"). I was able to wheelie it from a stop, but other times, when already going, if I punched it, I'm pretty sure I was just hearing the tires spin on the pavement.

Still, I'm not trying to race it. Just wanted tires that I could use on pavement without quickly wearing out the dirt tires. And if they last for a while, that's more important to me than massive grip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back