Senton Senton 3s worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
Senton 3s on sale! Question is whether its any fun? Does it fill anything missing from the other 3s models or even the big brother mojave?

Senton 3s on sale! Question is whether its any fun? Does it fill anything missing from the other 3s models or even the big brother mojave?
It’s very fun, but it all depends on what terrain you run on.

Last edited:
They're a blast to run. Think of it as a cheap little brother to the Mojave.
Easy to fix, parts are cheap and easy to replace when you break it. Because you will break it.
Very easy to mod with tons of aftermarket options available.
I've got 4 of them. 2 are stock and 2 are heavily modded.

Love mine!!! Great for loose dirt tracks!! Not the best basher though. But don't get the Mega as you'll be spending the money to upgrade. Just get the BLX 3s. Trust me. The mega sale prices are so tempting, but unless you are getting it for a youngin' to run stock, it'll cost you more than a new BLX Senton 3s. 👍

Love mine!!! Great for loose dirt tracks!! Not the best basher though. But don't get the Mega as you'll be spending the money to upgrade. Just get the BLX 3s. Trust me. The mega sale prices are so tempting, but unless you are getting it for a youngin' to run stock, it'll cost you more than a new BLX Senton 3s. 👍
I think he is talking about the BLX for $270?

Agreed, Sentons not the best basher.

I've seen it often flips over on its side on turns making it annoying to run. You guys agree with this?

They have no air control but I still like the way they jump. Very Durable and they handle well. They quite often roll back on their wheels too. My son has one and I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

All RCs are fun. The senton is fun, just in a different way than other trucks. Some people don't like the short course style, others do. I had a blast with my senton. You can do some mid air control, and it's much easier to drift around compared to the MTs. Think of it as being exactly what it is, it's more of a race oriented truck than a monster truck. So bashing will be slightly different.

I don't think you can compare it to the mojave. the mojave is going to be more fun in just about every aspect. Compared to the other 3s trucks, i think it has more to do with your style. I would say the senton is the most durable of all the 3s line. I literally couldn't break it.

Ultimately i changed my senton to a big rock, but only because the areas where I run are super loose silty dirt, and the senton struggled to get around.

I think he is talking about the BLX for $270?

Agreed, Sentons not the best basher.
Yeah, wasn't sure so just wanted to throw that out there!! 👍
I've seen it often flips over on its side on turns making it annoying to run. You guys agree with this?
Mine has flipped over dozens of times and I swear I only had to get up to manually flip it once or twice. It always seems to end up on it's wheels. Yes, it does land on it's side alot, but I love that cuz you just gotta give it a little throttle and it'll flip right back to it's tires! And it's fun to watch it spin around on it's side until it corrects itself.

It's not going to run the best in grass, and will run hot. Even more so than the granite/big rock.
I run mine on grass soccer fields all the time... in AZ.
Heat has never been an issue for mine. They seem to get enough airflow even with the stock fans.
I can count on one hand the number of times I had a thermal shutdown and that was because it was 109 degrees outside.
Note to self: Never run any RC outside when temps are that high again. ;)

I run mine on grass soccer fields all the time... in AZ.
Heat has never been an issue for mine. They seem to get enough airflow even with the stock fans.
I can count on one hand the number of times I had a thermal shutdown and that was because it was 109 degrees outside.
Note to self: Never run any RC outside when temps are that high again. ;)
Agreed it will run in grass, but my point was that of all the "BLX" trucks, it is the worst option to run in grass. Lowest ride height and skinniest tires mean you get high drag and low amount of traction, so you spend more time at higher throttle to get going the speed you want. That's why it would run hotter compared to the big rock and granite.

And it also probably depends on the type of grass you run in. Don't know how different the grass is in AZ compared to WA, but it wasnt super fun to run in the grass at parks here. Top speed was about cut in half.

I may have misunderstood your question on my previous response.

On my dirt track, it'll go around the corners fine. Doesn't flip on turns at all. Now in grass it will more often, but good tires and proper setup can help reduce that. 👍 😁 ✌️

Agreed it will run in grass, but my point was that of all the "BLX" trucks, it is the worst option to run in grass. Lowest ride height and skinniest tires mean you get high drag and low amount of traction, so you spend more time at higher throttle to get going the speed you want. That's why it would run hotter compared to the big rock and granite.

And it also probably depends on the type of grass you run in. Don't know how different the grass is in AZ compared to WA, but it wasnt super fun to run in the grass at parks here. Top speed was about cut in half.
The grass is way thicker in WA compared to AZ.

My first rig was the senton.. been a tank ever since!! You won't regret it!!

20220801_215541.jpg

Senton 3s is an amazing little rig, tough and crazy fun! Stock power can pretty much light up all tires all the time.

Couple things though, you will need to reinforce the bumper (I use shoe goo and lexan) as they break pretty easy, also being that they are a short course you will get loads of debris in them, a hair net can help alot.

Burnout Camaro GIF by MotorTrend

I saw that too! $270! I almost got it. Decided to build a track version topping out at 30mph for $165 plus parts = $300 instead. Yup, I paid more for less car. But got what I wanted out of it which is reliability of a 2S vehicle. But at $270 for a BLX, I would've jumped on that if I didn't already have other Arrmas.
I didn't think much of the Senton and thought it was the worst one of the bunch but after having driven the Senton, I actually like it the most. It holds its drifts much better. More challenging to drive than the Typhon which is just a point and shoot. Big Rock seems to fall apart all the time but then again, it's a 3S compared to my 2S brushless Senton. Senton also looks bigger b/c of the body and so it's easier to see at a distance and just overall more visually impressive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back