Senton Senton 4x4 550 Mega - Shock arm/end broken - need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDPW

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I purchased a Senton 4x4 550 Mega for my son for Christmas. After a few days of hard driving he noticed the distal end of the rear shock arm was slipping out of the base. Nothing appears broken but the piece keeps slipping out. I guess that the press fitting of the arm into the distal piece came loose some how. Needless to say he didn't tell me it was happening and kept running it yesterday in our nearly one acre grass yard and some where along the way lost the spring portion of the shock in the grass and we cannot find it.

image0.jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

I am totally new to the RC world (and automobile lingo in general) but want to help him get this repaired or upgraded so that he can keep running the truck. I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help me by answering them and educating me a little on this stuff.

1) If we find the spring can I just glue the rod end back into the fitting?
2) What would be the best replacement or upgrade shocks to use for this truck (my local hobby store that sold it to me recommended I get these https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-TD100x06-Aluminum-Shock/dp/B00XF8K3ZG) but I am not sure they will fit?
3) When I get a new shock (either OEM from ARRMA or a upgraded one) will I need to also have oil? If so how do you put that in and where is a good tutorial for the specifics of that?
4) If I get an upgraded set of shocks will I need to modify anything to do that? What tools/parts will I need?

If anyone is willing to help I appreciate it. He was hoping to have this to race one of his friends here at the house on 1/2/19 when he visits but I am not sure if I can pull off getting this fixed before then if I have to order any parts online.

Last edited:
Yeah it is just press fit you could glue it but I wouldn't expect it hold (but it might). Those Hot Racing shocks would be too short to work on the rear maybe the front but not the rear. The shocks are not that great and there is no instant direct bolt on solution that has proven reliable except maybe 6s Typhon shocks. Check out the bottom post #1 of this thread for shock options https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/. Best to just replace the shock shaft/spring perch AR330537 and get a spring AR330460 for now.

Here are some helpful videos including shock access https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mega-4x4-how-to-videos.5498/

I put some 2 part epoxy in mine when it came off and it's holding fine so far. Only part that consistently breaks is that front bumper support from looking at it funny but using a strong adhesive (not super glue as it's too brittle) will be fine for getting the end to stay on, just make sure you're pressing it all the way in as it can get tough about half way, especially if you have a thick epoxy in there...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back