Senton Senton 4x4 brushed battery problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarkYNz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hey guys, I´m completely new to the hobby, I have purchased Arrma Senton 4x4 brushed motor...Car is cool, I´m enyojing every minute with it but that is my problem. I´ve got original 2400mAh battery and 3000 mAh battery from my local rc store...I have an battery charger with NiHM program, just doing everything fine (i hope) but I cannot drive my RC car more than 5 minutes, on this time my battery is gone...I´m driving that on my backyard, on small ,,track" (like 20 sec ,,lap") and I can´t rly enjoy that with like bashing around 10 minutes at all every day...is it normal stuff and I just need to get better batteries (like LiPo ?) or I had to start looking for some problem with my electronics, motor, ... ? Thank you for every answer I can get, every information is good for noob like me :)

Hey guys, I´m completely new to the hobby, I have purchased Arrma Senton 4x4 brushed motor...Car is cool, I´m enyojing every minute with it but that is my problem. I´ve got original 2400mAh battery and 3000 mAh battery from my local rc store... but I cannot drive my RC car more than 5 minutes, :)

Hi,
Well, with the stock Nimh 2400Mah, kids where doing about 7-8 minutes at the track... Not very much more.
For sure, a 2s LIPO (7400 Mah) would be fine. Stock ESC, from our experiences, is good to support a straight 7400 Mah on track. (take a break after that...)
Welcome here.
PL

I've got the same truck (more or less) and I've been running a 6 cell 5000maH NiMH battery ($30) that gives me ~20 minutes. If I wanted a little more without going expensive, there are 7 cell 5000maH for $35 on amazon. The motor and ESC can handle a 2S Lipo for a slightly longer runtime (need to switch jumpers on ESC), but the 7 cell NiMH gives the highest voltage output available for the motor (fastest/highest output).

Last edited:
I've got the same truck (more or less) and I've been running a 6 cell 5000maH NiMH battery ($30) that gives me ~20 minutes. If I wanted a little more without going expensive, there are 7 cell 5000maH for $35 on amazon. The motor and ESC can handle a 2S Lipo for a slightly longer runtime (need to switch jumpers on ESC), but the 7 cell NiMH gives the highest voltage output available for the motor (fastest/highest output).
On paper yes, but once you give your truck gas, it’ll sag way down to about 7v. A 2s lipo will sag go around 7.75-7.8v (fully charged 2s lipo is 8.4v) and also you have the benefit of lipo chemistry, here’s an example.

For a 6 cell nimh pack with 5000mah, the gas tank of 5000mah is from 8.4v to 0 volts. A 2s lipo for example at 5000mah has its gas tank of 5000mah from 8.4v to 7v, then your esc stops the truck and it’s time for a charge. A 5000mah battery lasts like 20 minutes in a truck like that, so better said, the 20 minutes running of a nimh battery is just a slow decrease in power until you’re not moving. With a lipo pack, it’s 20 minutes of basically unnoticeable speed change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back