Senton Senton 4x4 Mega : Journey from stock breakages to brushless and beyond.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a GoolRC combo .... with the card, I set it to 3.3volts. However, I never trust the Gool LVC. After a couple of times of 3.0volts actual battery capacity, I always use a LIPO alarm. I'm in the habit of it anyway on my drones, so its no chore and much more trusting. My alarm is set to go off at 3.5volts. There is no advantage to running it down further.

Well we have had another breakage, reasonably minor tho - front skidplate/bumper mount finally snapped. It already had taken a few hits , bottom screw holes had pulled through which I had repaired with a washer on the front main screw , bit of gaffa to support the rear tabs better. Of course no parts available. I fabbed up an aluminium full length support which in the interim acts to pin the broken pieces together and will work as an additional brace if/when I can get a replacement front skid plate.

We have also lost the red aluminium suspension arm pin brace ( for the second time ) , which we will do a quick search for tomorrow as we have a reasonably good idea where it came adrift , and if not I'll just order another one. I want to find a way to secure that brace better , with how easily and common the standard skid plates break , I'd hate to have the truck sidelined over it.

@KMS,

Fine if you are in the USA , pretty thin on the ground here in Australia at the moment unfortunately.

I have ordered the suspension arm pin brace , which I will be gluing in when I receive it, and have added an additional brace to the broken skid plate/bumper mount. I'll pop up a snapshot of the bracing once I get the correct bullet screws with my order. The T-Bone bumper looks great, but I am pretty handy with fabrication, so I have given it a go first before sinking even more money.

Still toying with shocker/spring combinations. I have concluded the HSP rear shocks at close to 130mm eyelet to eyelet were just too big, and using the shorter original springs was limiting the travel which was kicking the rear of the truck up and causing it to nose dive on jumps. I am now experimenting placing my spare fronts on the rear as well ( 110mm eyelet to eyelet ), so all 4 corners now have 110mm shocks ( standard front are 105 / rear 115 ) , adjusted rear ride height , and am trying again with the stiffer HSP springs as the standard springs on the HSP's were a little soft on jumps.

senton-skid-1.jpg

senton-skid-2.jpg

Aluminium skid plate/brace , which I fabricated to give some extra protection and also pin the broken original skid plate/bumper mount. I used some spare aluminium angle that was left over from some trim/siding, and then cut , bent and drilled the pieces to suit.

Should tide us over for a while, even when I do replace the broken original, I'll keep the aluminium plate in place, minus the top brace. I also contact glued the red suspension arm pin brace , as unlike other trucks, it is not secured via screws.

Last edited:
Good job .... I have something very similar and it does the job exceptionally well. Maybe I'll get a T-Bone someday, but I just don't see mine breaking. I've done alot of lawn darting and my fabbed skid plate is always up to the task of protecting that impossibly weak stock skid plate

My front skid plate broke where it joins the bumper. Seems to be a common issue. What risks do I take by running it in this condition? I don't think I could lose the pin you were referring to, right?
20180714_085654.jpg

@ bicketybam,

Hard to tell from the shot you posted , but you may have already lost the pin brace as I can't see a hint of red where its supposed to be.

Last edited:
@ bicketybam,

Hard to tell from the short you posted , but you may have already lost the pin brace as I can't see a hint of red where its supposed to be.

I'm not sure where the pin is supposed to be or what exactly is holds. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks.

Its actually a brace made from aluminum ( red ) that is mounted across and supports the bottom suspension arm pins.

You can see it in the 2nd photo on my post.

It might still be there.

Check out the exploded view Here

Part Number : AR330444

senton-broken-arm-800.jpg

Steel Pole 1, Senton - 0 !

Today's casualty , broken lower suspension arm, bent shocker shaft, lost lower spring perch.

How he managed to bypass the bumper and somehow king hit the lower arm so hard is a mystery , as I was too busy watching our 2nd basher , the Hunter BL on its first test run on 3S almost wheel stand and do massive end-o's and barrel rolls from the speeds it was hitting to actually see the incident. I had to dial the Hunters throttle dual rate trim back on the 3S, or we may have had 2 trucks broken.. LOL.

Luckily the arms are in stock and now ordered. It will be a quick turn around, ready for next weekend.

Last edited:
Instead of bashing they should just call it breaking, lol!

To be fair, I have built some decent strength into the truck with the uprated parts and it takes a decent beating, but slamming into a metal pole was never going to end well, lol.

With the shift in distro after the Horizon take over, parts here are thin on the ground , and will continue to be so for a while yet from my understanding. Luckily the arms were still available at one of my LHS's. I bought spare HSP shocks so thats covered.

O.T - I am still amazed at the strength of the Hunter BL , which is standard apart from some new wheels/tyres. I digress.

Are you running the stock tires? I think they are terrible and I’m looking for some replacements. Any suggestions? I’ve never bought SCT tires before.

@ bicketybam,

Running stock on the Senton 4x4 , Proline Badlands on the Hunter.

Proline Badlands or Trenchers seem to be popular choices, problem being the wheel/tyre combo's are not available in 14mm hex, so you will need to strip the tyres off the original rims and remount.

@ bicketybam,

Running stock on the Senton 4x4 , Proline Badlands on the Hunter.

Proline Badlands or Trenchers seem to be popular choices, problem being the wheel/tyre combo's are not available in 14mm hex, so you will need to strip the tyres off the original rims and remount.

I have Trenchers on my Granite and I just changed the hexes. Can't I just do the same for the Senton?

@bicketybam,

Cool, thanks for that.

Any modification needed to fit ?

Do you have a snapshot with them fitted you can post up ?

Direct fit. The only difference is that the cross pin that comes with the Traxaas adapters in threaded on one end and you use a hex driver to screw them into the hex. The only confusion was which side of the hex to put the pin through (holes on two sides). The pin will only thread into one of the holes. It's pretty easy to figure out once you try both. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back