Senton Senton 4x4 Mega or blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Hello. I’m looking to pick up my second Arrma electric rc. I want to give short course trucks a try, they look tough.

I’m looking at getting the Senton 4x4 Mega or the senton blx. Is the senton mega brushless ready? I’ve found a Arrma brushless motor esc combo on eBay for 70, but the blx is brushless out of the box. I do like the red body on the senton mega, but I could always get the blx senton and buy a red body ?

Am I being stupid for thinking about grabbing the senton mega and upgrading to brushless later on? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Go with brushless. You'll only want it faster. It's not very cheap to upgrade to brushless so most will agree to buy 3s.

Go with brushless. You'll only want it faster. It's not very cheap to upgrade to brushless so most will agree to buy 3s.

Yeah I actually was reading reviews for the senton mega, and those who went brushless later on with it said the drivetrain didn’t hold up. Plus it’s only 80 more for the blx senton. Looks like that’s what I’ll be going with and just getting the red body later ?

Hi
Mega is very useful for kids. But I did the swap to brushless and I don't regret;

But go with the 3s... You can have a good deal and he's not bad on the track.
Welcome here
PL

The Mega has more plastic in the driveline than the BLX which you will need to swap in addition to the ESC & motor.

The Mega has more plastic in the driveline than the BLX which you will need to swap in addition to the ESC & motor.
Negative Ghost Rider. Same amount of plastic.

I bought a mega and within a few months bought all the blx parts and upgraded which while fun isn't cheap. It is more cost effective to just start with the BLX.

Go with the BLX. I got the Granite Mega, and spent more money upgrading it to a 2S brushless truck than I would have just buying the 3S to start with. You don’t HAVE to spend all the money I did...but you will end up spending enough that it still isn’t worth it.

The only time I recommend upgrading the Mega 4x4 to brushless is if you specifically want a project and like the challenge of pulling a truck apart and putting it back together. I like my Mega...but I DID want a project, so the fact that it cost too much was OK in my case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back