Senton Senton 4x4 Mega says 30mph on box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixxstrr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
But only goes 20 mph stock. I’ve read that is with optional parts but I’m not clear what that means. I assume we aren’t talking about swapping out the motor, and saw something about it being a different pinion gear but not sure? What is the minimum parts change to get the 30 mph? And if it is that pinion gear what effect does changing it give for pros and cons? Sorry I’m still new to all of this and sometimes hard to google answers for this.

There's generally a "high speed" pinion included in the box with most Arrma models. Not sure on that one. It's generally a small gear that has more teeth on it than the stock installed one. I believe the stock pinion gear is 17t which means if you count the little teeth on it, there'll be 17 of them. You can install a higher pinion like a 20t for example and that will give you more speed.
More teeth = more top end (higher max speed) but less torque (starting "oomph"). They are generally only used on flat surfaces as well. If you use too high of a gearing in tall grass or something where it's going to put more strain on the motor, it's going to generate a lot more heat and stress. The pinion gear is the small one that attaches directly to the motor shaft. Hope that helps!

The stock 12t 550 motor is already at it limits with stock gearing, best bet would be a cheap brushless system on 2s lipo.

Thank you for the info on gearing! So much to learn! I would definitely be interested in trying different gearing to compare performance. I checked the bag of stuff that came with it and no other pinion gear in there. So I’ll see what sizes it supports and buy some different pinion gears and try them out! (Not ready to swap out the motor to brushless yet, I just got it last month and this is my first RC)

So doing short course runs with jumps with a higher pinion will give me higher speeds for straights but will accelerate slower, but will doing jumps with the higher one be prone to stripping the gears then?

Yes you will be able to go faster but the vehicle will accelerate slower, just watch your temps.

If you remove the power module from the truck and open up the case, you will see that the motor mount is pre-drilled for different sized pinions. To get 30mph you would need to go with a larger pinion. Stock is 17t. I can’t remember what the larger options are. As Slick mentioned, the stock motor won’t last long if you run taller gearing. It has a pretty short life expectancy on the standard gearing.

Then 27 would be the 30+ mph gear. The motor won't last very long unless you stick strictly to pavement and short runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back