Senton Senton 4X4 Mega Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenwick17

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vendetta
Bought a senton mega and the next day went back to hobbytown and bought brushless. Lol So far I've spent a small fortune "trying to upgrade" and for the most part, most of what I bought is junk. What's the benefit( if there is one) between 91t spur with a 25t pinion vs. 57t x 15t pinion? The only difference I can see would be the blx setup has 3 clutch pads vs. Mega has 1. Do I need to buy the blx setup??? Tired of blowing all my money. Appreciate any input

The brushed units are cheaper RC to get new people started. Run it for while then buy the unit you really want. Pass the brushed down to young folks you know. They will love it and learn how to control an RC. Its value is to learn radio control with out all the speed. The gear rations have to do with the different motor types.

The brushed units are cheaper RC to get new people started. Run it for while then buy the unit you really want. Pass the brushed down to young folks you know. They will love it and learn how to control an RC. Its value is to learn radio control with out all the speed. The gear rations have to do with the different motor types.
So as long as the gear ratio is good, it doesn't matter whether it is a 91t X 25t
Or a 57t X 15t??? That's the part I'm confused about?? I put a 4000kv brushless motor and installed the hot racing 91t metal spur and 25t pinion. I'm probably not making sense my apologies for the confusion

Watch motor temps. It will tell you if it can live with the ratio. If you cannot touch the motor for more then 2 seconds, it is to hot. Gear down.

25/91 is probably too much for that motor. And 4000kv is rather high as well. For reference the BLX models use a 3200KV motor and the Senton is geared 20/57.

25/91 is probably too much for that motor. And 4000kv is rather high as well. For reference the BLX models use a 3200KV motor and the Senton is geared 20/57.
Go smaller pinion?

Bought a senton mega and the next day went back to hobbytown and bought brushless. Lol So far I've spent a small fortune "trying to upgrade" and for the most part, most of what I bought is junk. What's the benefit( if there is one) between 91t spur with a 25t pinion vs. 57t x 15t pinion? The only difference I can see would be the blx setup has 3 clutch pads vs. Mega has 1. Do I need to buy the blx setup??? Tired of blowing all my money. Appreciate any input
If you want a OP setup for the Senton to be able to run the blx or other powerful 3s/4s setup the first thing I would do is get the Kraton 4s slipper clutch assembly, metal Input Gears, upgraded metal Diffs and the system you want. That way you can avoid most durability issues on the inside.That will not be cheap, but in the end if you want your Denton to last with a ton of power that is the way to go. The outside of your vehicle should be fine with more power though. I am on the way of turning my Typhon Mega to 4s. I run the Vxl 4s system in my Typhon Mega.

What exactly have you changed?
H.R 91p spur, 25p pinion, H.R clutch pad, 2 2 Whitz 10x15x4 ceramic bearings, aluminum cv driveshafts, Integy billet piggy back shocks, onyx 4000kv brushless, 70 Amp esc, dual motor heat sink fans, alloy front and rear suspension arms and steering blocks, speed driveshaft support, Seems to doing okay. Temperature not too hot, it's pretty fast... really want to avoid just being another 3s upgrade. That's why I'm wanting to avoid 3s clutch and gear setup..

Oh sweet Jesus too much bling parts not enough parts for an actual basher. Just research why you don't want aluminum a arms or Integy parts for that matter, there is a reason why Integy has earned the nickname Intejunk https://www.google.com/search?q=int...d-att-us-rvc3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
The only thing from Integy that is worth using are the shock tower braces.
I have a set on one of my Senton bashers and they work beautifully.
I agree with the rest. For a basher, metal A-arms are a bad idea. You want the A-arms to break, not the chassis.
I use metal A-arms (HR) on my street cars for stiffness and better stability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back