Senton Senton 4x4 Mega V3 motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozik

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

newbie here, picked up a Senton Mega v3 and already starting to think about motor upgrades. I’m a tinkerer so the itch has come pretty quick.

anyways I’m currently running the Senton mega stock with 2s lipo’s and I‘m considering picking up a used mamba max pro 6s as a first upgrade.

my understanding is the v3 Mega comes with some upgraded parts that make it more brushless friendly right out of the box, is there anything else I should think of upgrading?

I understand 6s is likely going to cause problems but if I only run it with my current 2s batteries (for now) am I likely to run into problems still?

The big differences in the V3 brushed vs. brushless (aside from power system) is the brushless has adjustable turnbuckles, 32p spur and pinion, different slipper assembly, aluminum adjustable mesh motor mount/module, and firmer foams in the tires. If going brushless then I would recommend also getting the 3s slipper/spur combo and adjustable motor mount+module. Oh and maybe the wheelie bar since I think the megas don't come with it, arrma part #AR320403 (also goes by ARA320403). If you stick to 2s you probably don't need the wheelie bar but once on 3s it will be a wheelie machine. All that being said if you stay on 2s the V3 brushed spur/pinion/motor mount will probably be fine.

Besides that if you want more responsive steering a cheap amazon servo upgrade would be night/day difference. I recommend the dsservo ds3225mg (25kg, metal gears) or slightly cheaper ds3218mg (20kg, metal gears). Those servos are 25 spline and the V3 servos are 23 spline so if you get one of those you would have to get the a 25 spline servo saver to go with it (I don't know why they went 23 spline on the V3 trucks because 25 spline is way more common). For a good 25 spline servo saver I think the Kimbrough #124 on Amazon is what I see most pick up, it just requires a little trimming of the outside corners to fit the space. The old v2 stock servo savers are 25 spline and a direct fit so if you want that instead that it's part #AR340151 on the Arrma website (#ARA340151 everywhere else) but most seem to prefer the Kimbrough because it has a stronger spring.

If you stick to 2s you probably don't need the wheelie bar

Based on my experience, you will need the wheelie bar even on 2S.

If you want to upgrade the servo saver, I'd recommend putting the Kimbrough 124 spring into the the Arrma servo saver. You get the smoothness of the Arrma saver with the strength of the 124, but only do it if you get a stronger servo.

Last edited:
just ordered a v3 mega senton cant wait for the mods to begain i see the mega v3 still has 48 pitch .

I would say Chand the slipper clutch assembly to the mod 0.8 I upgraded my senton mega 4x4 to the hobbywing ezrun max10sct kit and I went through a few spur gears pretty quickly the dirt just get under the motor and ruined the spurs but since I put the .8 mod haven't had a problem

I'm looking to upgrade to a different set of tires and add a fan but just can't find to right fan kit. My local hobby shop doesn't seem to get what I want. If I understand right some have said add a fan if going to a limo battery.

I'm looking to upgrade to a different set of tires and add a fan but just can't find to right fan kit. My local hobby shop doesn't seem to get what I want. If I understand right some have said add a fan if going to a limo battery.
I found some really good fans at my local hobby shop they were like $20 each but work great if you don’t already have one your gunna need a plug to go in the aux port on your receiver that extends to your motor so you can plug in the fan and any 30mm fan will be better then no fan I think the arrma fans are like $12 or something
This is how I have my fans set up right now it’s already been hitting 100 deg out here lol

Attachments

• E44DF82F-9469-4822-AD46-074058E39DF1.jpeg
    E44DF82F-9469-4822-AD46-074058E39DF1.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back