Senton Senton 4x4 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the benefit of that over the 123? I bought the 123 off of WoodIE's recommendation.
??‍♂️ Extra large so it’s more durable ??‍♂️ I was just going by multiple recommendations from other members and my own personal use.

??‍♂️ Extra large so it’s more durable ??‍♂️ I was just going by multiple recommendations from other members and my own personal use.
It still appears that the actual parts where the steering part and the servo itself connect are the same size though - I.E. the mounting hole is the same diameter for the screw that mounts the steering arm, there's just a ton more plastic around it with more holes to give you (I guess) more options for different places to screw into. Not sure that's needed for our application though as I guess we just want to screw into the central most hole?

It still appears that the actual parts where the steering part and the servo itself connect are the same size though - I.E. the mounting hole is the same diameter for the screw that mounts the steering arm, there's just a ton more plastic around it with more holes to give you (I guess) more options for different places to screw into. Not sure that's needed for our application though as I guess we just want to screw into the central most hole?
Yes you may have to trim it.

Do servo savers tend to get broken very often? If I ever break the 123 I'll try the 124 to see what the difference is. There's not a lot of room in that general area so I guess there can't be a huge difference in size between the two overall. I must admit the linkage with the 123 seemed more flimsy than the Arrma servo saver as the Arrma one connected above and below the steering arm whereas the Kimbrough only connects on one side.

Do servo savers tend to get broken very often? If I ever break the 123 I'll try the 124 to see what the difference is. There's not a lot of room in that general area so I guess there can't be a huge difference in size between the two overall. I must admit the linkage with the 123 seemed more flimsy than the Arrma servo saver as the Arrma one connected above and below the steering arm whereas the Kimbrough only connects on one side.
The 124 needs trimmed a lot to fit in the 4x4 rigs.

The 124 needs trimmed a lot to fit in the 4x4 rigs.
Sounds like you might be trimming off all the extra that you're getting over the 123 then?! Unless some other part of it is stronger as well? Visually, it just looks like the end that connects to the steering rod is larger (and it's made from black plastic rather than white). So if you're trimming that off to make it fit then perhaps you're better off getting the 123, which seems to be essentially a pre-trimmed 124...?

Sounds like you might be trimming off all the extra that you're getting over the 123 then?! Unless some other part of it is stronger as well? Visually, it just looks like the end that connects to the steering rod is larger (and it's made from black plastic rather than white). So if you're trimming that off to make it fit then perhaps you're better off getting the 123, which seems to be essentially a pre-trimmed 124...?
Could be. I was under the impression that the spring or what have you inside the center was beefier. Again, just an assumption on my part. ??‍♂️

The 124 has the strongest spring inside it. Kimbrough makes these to fit different applications. You can have too strong of a servo saver and end up damaging the servo anyways just depends on the strength of the servo. You wouldn't want the strongest spring in a plastic geared servo or a weak servo may just defeat the purpose with having too strong of spring the saver won't give (the spring saver function) before the servo strips. Trimming can be done with diagonal cutters. Use a 3mm bolt with a 3mm locknut to secure the bolt through the middle hole in the servo saver.

oyKfVac.jpg

This was what I was about to say - surely the spring is the one part you don't want to be too beefy, because it's the bit that's supposed to be "saving" your servo.

Well I'll stick to the 123 and if I get issues I'll move to the 124. Should I have issues with the 123 though if that's WoodiE's standard recommendation in the stickies?

This was what I was about to say - surely the spring is the one part you don't want to be too beefy, because it's the bit that's supposed to be "saving" your servo.

Well I'll stick to the 123 and if I get issues I'll move to the 124. Should I have issues with the 123 though if that's WoodiE's standard recommendation in the stickies?

One thing you have to remember when that was recommended was originally for the 5kg plastic geared servo that comes in the Megas. They also had a different servo saver than the one that it is in them now. Honestly, the stock red saver they have in them now is fine when running smaller tires like on the Senton. But if you start running larger tires you should notice the difference with a stronger servo saver I know I do in my Granite anyways. 15kg servo and up should be strong enough to handle the 124 as I run or have run them on others R/C's with servos that are 15kg and up with no issues.

Old Mega servo saver
NKKq9iG.jpg

Am I right in thinking that if the servo saver is too weak the steering will basically deflect too easily over bumps, because the spring isn't strong enough to stop the wheels getting pulled off in different directions to where the servo is telling them to point, resulting in poor handling.

But if the servo saver is too strong then you risk stripping the internals of the servo out because the saver doesn't do its job and act as a sacrificial part by dampening some of the jolts from the terrain from going straight through the servo.

So really it's about making sure the spring in the servo saver is neither too weak nor too strong for the servo that it's being used with.

No, I don't have a YouTube channel, well, not for RC cars anyway.

The servo is the red one mentioned in my thread here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/project-senton-3s-finally-ordered.17291/page-4

The servo saver I was told to get was a Kimbrough KP123 (recommended on here by WoodIE). I got it on eBay for under £5 delivered.

Maybe wait for the radio to arrive and do the servo and radio at the same time to save getting it all out twice?
Can you show me what your servo saver looks like on your servo?

Can you show me what your servo saver looks like on your servo?
Sadly not. Well, not without taking it all apart and removing the servo entirely from the truck, which would be a bit of a ballache! Are you just trying to figure out which bit it is? The servo is mounted upside down in the Senton, which is why it's a pain to show, because it's not visible just by pulling the body off the truck.

You could probably search on YouTube for a video of changing an Arrma 3s servo (you're more likely to find a video of somebody doing it on a Granite as they seem to be more popular) and that will let you see all the bits.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks guys that's what I went with. The 15t the I upgraded the servo and remote as well!
You can get the adjustable motor mount and get whaat size pinion you want
Is this the servo saver?
I have the same on my kraton 4s its a bit stronger than the stock wobbly servo saver but get the black one who is super strong
IMG_1642.JPG

Or you could get the hot racing servo saver who is a bit of bling bling

Yes I did. If you look at this photo you can see the amount I cut out.
I wonder if you could have done the body lift like i did on my Senton. I added larger tires and NO CUTTING. check out my posting " Sentom 3s 4x4 mods. I lifted my body, Made a debris deflection system that stopped all the debris from getting into my truck frame, Check out the posting I put ouy about body lifts ect..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back