Senton Senton 4x4 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Senton4x4 what other mods are you specifically looking for?

There are a number of good upgrades and modifications in our Recommended Arrma 4x4 Mega Upgrades thread as well as some useful videos in the Mega 4x4 How-To videos post that you might want to take a look at.
Hey new to this forum thing. Need help and figured you knew what you were talking about. I have a senton 4x4 3s and I love it. Only problem I hated the small tires and opted for bigger ones. so the guy at the rv shop recommended a new pinion with less teeth. He gave me a 18t. Come to find out not only is that not an option on the RC. But also, the one he gave me was the wrong size diameter. Would love some help in what direction to go and maybe a suggestion in teeth size. Currently have the stock 20t and I'm not worried about losing speed. Really just wanted bigger tires for off roading. Without over loading the motor cause the bigger tires. Thanks!

image000000.jpg

Hey new to this forum thing. Need help and figured you knew what you were talking about. I have a senton 4x4 3s and I love it. Only problem I hated the small tires and opted for bigger ones. so the guy at the rv shop recommended a new pinion with less teeth. He gave me a 18t. Come to find out not only is that not an option on the RC. But also, the one he gave me was the wrong size diameter. Would love some help in what direction to go and maybe a suggestion in teeth size. Currently have the stock 20t and I'm not worried about losing speed. Really just wanted bigger tires for off roading. Without over loading the motor cause the bigger tires. Thanks!

View attachment 66706
There is no “diameter” rating, just tooth count and pitch. You need a 32p or 0.8 Mod pitch gear. An 18T might still be fine but it depends on how hard you drive it and climate you drive in. If it’s hot out and you run it too hard, you will burn up your motor. Easy way to prevent that is run it for a few minutes and check your motor and ESC temps. ??

Your motor mount only support 20t or 15t, which is fine since the tires you mounted go great with 15t. I suggest replacing the 18 to a 15t, as @jondilly1974 mentioned, it should be 0.8mod pitch on a 5mm bore.

Good luck and enjoy! this is a great rig!

Your motor mount only support 20t or 15t, which is fine since the tires you mounted go great with 15t. I suggest replacing the 18 to a 15t, as @jondilly1974 mentioned, it should be 0.8mod pitch on a 5mm bore.

Good luck and enjoy! this is a great rig!
Thanks guys that's what I went with. The 15t the I upgraded the servo and remote as well!

Thanks guys that's what I went with. The 15t the I upgraded the servo and remote as well!
Hi Jason, I have those same tyres to go on my Senton. Did you have to cut the body at all to fit them? Do they rub?

Hi Jason, I have those same tyres to go on my Senton. Did you have to cut the body at all to fit them? Do they rub?
Yes I did. If you look at this photo you can see the amount I cut out.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 82
Yes I did. If you look at this photo you can see the amount I cut out.
Oh yes, I didn't look that closely - it didn't look like you'd cut them but now I see you did. Do you get any rubbing now or was that enough?

I have a second shell to cut so that I can swap back and forth if necessary. Not sure if the bigger wheels will give me too much wheelie action for my liking. (Shame if they do, because they look so good!)

Yeah still a little rubbing. Based on what I've seen it is possible to wheelie them. I personally wanted bigger ones for the look. Heres a video I want off of and got the same servo and remote from as well.

Hope this helps!

Yeah still a little rubbing. Based on what I've seen it is possible to wheelie them. I personally wanted bigger ones for the look. Heres a video I want off of and got the same servo and remote from as well.

Hope this helps!
Yeah, I bought those wheels because of that video too! And also the same radio and what I thought was the same servo. Hah!

I don't really want my truck doing wheelies though - I want the front wheels on the ground so I can control it.

I have a scalpel/craft knife set at home ready to cut the body out for the new wheels. I just don't know whether to cut my orange body or the new blue Senton body I bought. Not sure which one I prefer to keep nice and which one to chop!

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_195022.jpg
    IMG_20200204_195022.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 59
Thats funny! Yeah I really like the orange and that's my only body that I have so I went with that. How was the install of the new servo ? Pretty easy?

Thats funny! Yeah I really like the orange and that's my only body that I have so I went with that. How was the install of the new servo ? Pretty easy?
Funny enough the one I bought turned out not to be waterproof and made a funny noise in one direction to my ears to I out a video in my build thread and one of the guys saw it and told me it looked a bit slow and told me the right one to get, so I ordered the right one, which is waterproof, 5kgs "stronger" and supposedly also faster and only cost around £1 more on Amazon! So my job tonight is to once again swap the servo out (I've not even driven the thing yet!)

It's not difficult exactly, just time consuming and fiddly because the screws are small. I also replaced the servo saver with a new one as recommended on here, to avoid killing the new servo. You have to open up the radio box to plug it into the radio receiver and then feed the wire neatly through. You'll then need to trim it and set your end points for the steering, especially as you have a new radio as well. If you have the DumboRC radio like me you might consider turning on the giro as well if you haven't already done that. Come to think of it, if you already installed the radio then the servo shouldn't be too difficult for you.

OK I haven't gotten the radio yet. Could you send me a link to the better servo and the servo saver as well? Thanks. Also did you say you made a video or a youtube channel?

OK I haven't gotten the radio yet. Could you send me a link to the better servo and the servo saver as well? Thanks. Also did you say you made a video or a youtube channel?
No, I don't have a YouTube channel, well, not for RC cars anyway.

The servo is the red one mentioned in my thread here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/project-senton-3s-finally-ordered.17291/page-4

The servo saver I was told to get was a Kimbrough KP123 (recommended on here by WoodIE). I got it on eBay for under £5 delivered.

Maybe wait for the radio to arrive and do the servo and radio at the same time to save getting it all out twice?

Yeah I just realized I ordered the waterproof one. Also just need to get the servo saver now. Thanks.
Is this the servo saver?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200228-101018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-101018_Chrome.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200228-100914_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-100914_eBay.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back