Senton Senton 4x4 New Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartyWave

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Has anyone repowered their senton 4x4? If so, what setup did you use? I'm trying to find a 6s blx setup used but they are hard to find, so I'm looking at castle creations systems now.

I took a castle 1410 3800 kv motor I run in my traxxas, and put it in the senton, 3s is incredibly fun! So fun that the wife broke parts on her first run while I was at work lol

(Assuming this is the Mega 4x4)
I run a BLX185 in my Granite Mega 4x4, and it is really too much power for the Mega platform. Yes, with the 32p spur and HD diff input, it can handle the power, but it is really overpowered for a light truck.

I am really considering getting a MAX10 / 3660 4000kv combo. That was my original plan when I picked up the truck (but I had a extra BLX185 so... ) and I still think that would be a better match for this truck.

I run a BLX185 in my Granite Mega 4x4, and it is really too much power for the Mega platform. Yes, with the 32p spur and HD diff input, it can handle the power, but it is really overpowered for a light truck.

I am really considering getting a MAX10 / 3660 4000kv combo. That was my original plan when I picked up the truck (but I had a extra BLX185 so... ) and I still think that would be a better match for this truck.
I'm not really sure so I figured I would ask. LOL. In the thread below I asked @WoodiE about maybe changing some of the section names to be more descriptive and hopefully be clearer.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/two-forums-added-for-new-arrma-models.5153/

I run the castle sct sv3/3800kv in my stampede 4x4 and with 2S, it runs pretty warm. I would assume a 4000kv motor would run even hotter int he granite mega 4x4 as it's a bit larger than the stampede. The 3800 isn't an overly torquey motor, but it seems to do ok so far in my truck.

I run the castle sct sv3/3800kv in my stampede 4x4 and with 2S, it runs pretty warm. I would assume a 4000kv motor would run even hotter int he granite mega 4x4 as it's a bit larger than the stampede. The 3800 isn't an overly torquey motor, but it seems to do ok so far in my truck.

Is that a 3650 motor or a 3660? I have also been looking at the CC MMX SCT combo. But they are an extra $100 over the HW setups...

Is that a 3650 motor or a 3660? I have also been looking at the CC MMX SCT combo. But they are an extra $100 over the HW setups...
I can't say what it is. It's shorter and fatter than the traxxas 3550 motor. Listed as a 1410 I think. I don't have the box and the fan is covering up the side of the motor, so can't see for sure. The esc is a SCT Sv3. Both the motor and esc are unsensored. They sell a combo now with the motor sensored while the esc isn't. Appears to be the same kit otherwise.

The off power resistance isn't nearly as high with the castle motor. The traxxas 3550 was a lot more notchy feeling, but also seemed to have more low end torque. However, the vxl/3500 combo in my stampede 4x4 running 1 tooth lower pinion would overheat on me and shut down whereas the sct sv3/3800kv combo doesn't with the same gearing or even with +1 on the pinion. The 3800kv did stutter a bit off the line, so I went back to 13T pinion and dropped 2 teeth on the spur. So far it's pretty good.

I only run 2S and use SMC 7400mah packs in it. I run back to back packs now without issue even when it's 80F outside. I run in short grass a lot and at the skate park. With the same gearing as the original, the 3800kv motor did make the truck a bit faster. I still use the vxl/3500 system in a jato I converted to brushless. It does fine in it, but I have to keep an eye on gearing/temps or it still overheats and shuts down on me.

I was trying to get something that would get the same speed or a bit better on 2S without overheating on me constantly, so I did meet that goal.

I can't say what it is. It's shorter and fatter than the traxxas 3550 motor. Listed as a 1410 I think. I don't have the box and the fan is covering up the side of the motor, so can't see for sure. The esc is a SCT Sv3. Both the motor and esc are unsensored. They sell a combo now with the motor sensored while the esc isn't. Appears to be the same kit otherwise.

Yeah, that is one of the things that irritates me about castle. They want to feel special, so they go off and invent their own way of describing motor size that has no bearing on the actual motor size. 1410? What does that mean? Gotta go to the Castle website to figure out if that is for 1/18 or 1/8 or something else. What size is a Hobbywing 3652? it is 36x52, easy. What size is a GoolRC 2838? 28x38. What size is a Castle 1515? Who knows...

[/rant]

Yeah, I am assuming Mega, just because the BLX6s should have a BLX system. But maybe he bought a V1 or a roller. I shouldn't assume so much...

Are there any arrma rolling chassis, or kits available? I've only really ever seen RTR from all the manufacturers

I put a fan on the motor, and it holds up very well, I mean it is usually kind of warm after a run or two on 3s but nothing crazy, and even if it does burn up the combo only cost me $125 Canadian, so that's like 80 USD. Very cheap in my opinion for a brushless upgrade!

Ive run the 1410 in my (heavy) stampede for about 6 months no issue with head (fan installed) and heat is less of an issue even in my lighter senton mega.

Are there any arrma rolling chassis, or kits available? I've only really ever seen RTR from all the manufacturers

If you watch the various Ebay chop shops, sometimes they will sell rollers. Also, you could buy enough 'kitted parts" from the chop shops to build your own kit, minus electronics for a bit less than the RTR, if you were so inclined. It would cost more overall, but it is an option.

Or just buy a race kit. more money, but...

If you watch the various Ebay chop shops, sometimes they will sell rollers. Also, you could buy enough 'kitted parts" from the chop shops to build your own kit, minus electronics for a bit less than the RTR, if you were so inclined. It would cost more overall, but it is an option.

Or just buy a race kit. more money, but...

Would you be willing to share some of the names of the chop shop sellers? I am pretty interested, I know about one but they usually just sell parts, no kits or rollers. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public

Would you be willing to share some of the names of the chop shop sellers? I am pretty interested, I know about one but they usually just sell parts, no kits or rollers. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...om=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=arrma&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...om=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Arrma&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...om=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=arrma&_sacat=0

These are the shops I frequent. There are others but their prices tend to go to the stratosphere

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back