Senton Senton 5 days old every bearing seized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiggz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hi all .. I purchased a brand new 3s senton nearly a week ago and have been thrilled with it .. I have had 6 runs of it ..
Cleaned after each session .. used on dirt bmx track and grass field .. I stripped the motor module to blow out any dust ..
On stripping I have found every single bearing from hub bearings to spur and diff's .. every single one seized and a few completely obliterated ..?????
My outlaw was used by my son on all the same outings and the outlaw is fine? ?

Any ideas??
Cheers Jeff

Hi all .. I purchased a brand new 3s senton nearly a week ago and have been thrilled with it .. I have had 6 runs of it ..
Cleaned after each session .. used on dirt bmx track and grass field .. I stripped the motor module to blow out any dust ..
On stripping I have found every single bearing from hub bearings to spur and diff's .. every single one seized and a few completely obliterated ..?????

Any ideas??
Cheers Jeff
Hey Jeff. The steel shielded bearings that come on all Arrmas, don't do very well in the dirt and dust. Almost everyone's first upgrade recommendation is a good set of rubber shielded ones. Fast Eddy Rc, Avid, and Jim's Bearings are great places to buy complete sets. Most will buy spares for the ones in the wheel hubs, as they tend to go faster. To really clean bearings, they have to be removed, blown out, soaked in a cleaning solution, then re-lubed. Even sealed bearings get contaminated over time. I use a can of electrical contact cleaner to make sure mine are clean before I lube them up.

Any ideas??
Cheers Jeff
All my Arrma vehicles have been upgraded with rubber sealed bearings. Stock bearings don't last at all.

Any ideas??
Cheers Jeff
I still have a few stock bearings on mine and still spin smoothly did you run on water by any chance?

I also like trb RC bearings, they seem to keep a good stock of them at Amazon which is convenient. I am way too lazy to service bearings I just buy new ones every 2-3 months if I feel like they're getting grimy. Not worth the time for me when replacing them is faster. Well really it's typically only the hub bearings I replace that frequently the others seem to last a long time once you go rubber sealed.

I also like trb RC bearings, they seem to keep a good stock of them at Amazon which is convenient. I am way too lazy to service bearings I just buy new ones every 2-3 months if I feel like they're getting grimy. Not worth the time for me when replacing them is faster. Well really it's typically only the hub bearings I replace that frequently the others seem to last a long time once you go rubber sealed.
Any time I buy 10 packs of bearings I always get TRBRC, I also buy all of my hybrid ceramic motor bearings from them.

Yeah, I was quite bummed to learn all these Arrma rigs need new bearings OTB. In my old days this wasn't necessary.

Yeah, I was quite bummed to learn all these Arrma rigs need new bearings OTB. In my old days this wasn't necessary.

Well, ?‍♂️ which old days are we talking here? My old days we got plastic and brass/bronze solid bushings.. so putting bearings in them out the box was priority.... lol...

the best was I think it was tamiya had a plastic bushing that had a inner and outer race.. and they just rode on one another... they were smoked in minutes...lol

And get this.. I'm not even that old... lol

Well, ?‍♂️ which old days are we talking here? My old days we got plastic and brass/bronze solid bushings.. so putting bearings in them out the box was priority.... lol...

the best was I think it was tamiya had a plastic bushing that had a inner and outer race.. and they just rode on one another... they were smoked in minutes...lol

And get this.. I'm not even that old... lol
Mid 2000s, had Losi, associated, traxxas, and never changed bearings OTB.

Thanks for all the feed back .. I can get the bearing's .. I'm just pretty annoyed that after 6 runs over 2 days I can't use it anymore until I order parts on a week old model ..

Any ideas??
Cheers Jeff
If you have seized inner diff bearings then you are one special guy ???

My senton is overhauled .. every bearing was seized including the inner diff bearings .. turned out the bmx track I was running on mixed with the water splashes was like running on a beach .. lots if new bearings and managed to save a few of the hub bearings ..

One weakness the Senton has (all the "4x4" line really) is that the power module is not only not sealed, but is actually traps sand inside, grind it, and the fine sand enters and destroy the motor bearing. I guess it is at it worst on the Senton since the SC body collect the sand from the wheels into the chassis.

Just today, only 2 packs after replacing the motor bearing (with a sealed one), my motor bearing seized again. this thing is simply not off-road worthy.

Yes inner ones were shot diff''s completely solid before strip down .. replaced with e.flite 'Raptor' bearings .. the ones that were salvageable have been soaked in gt85 and oiled ..they have been put in the hubs for quick and easy access when the eventually give up .. I am new to RC cars as I am generally an RC plane pilot and the cars are a new learning curve ..learnt a few lessons this week with maintenance and running advice .. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back