Senton Senton 6s blown diff sound only on braking and reverse???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I’ve had many blows diffs in many rc’s over many years, but this one is stumping me. Pinion is meshed, center diff spider gears checked out fine. Wtf? I want to stress that any forward acceleration and it’s totally normal, but as soon as you hit the brakes it makes the signature gear grinding sound of a blown diff. In reverse it’s really bad so I’ve opted to stop using reverse. Anyone got any ideas?

If it does it when braking and reversing its usually there front diff the ring gear is missing teeth or they are ground down a bit mine was doing this the other day front diff was shot

Reason it doesn't do it going forward is the front diff doesn't have much of a load on it until you brake or reverse weight transfer

If it does it when braking and reversing its usually there front diff the ring gear is missing teeth or they are ground down a bit mine was doing this the other day front diff was shot
Reason it doesn't do it going forward is the front diff doesn't have much of a load on it until you brake or reverse weight transfer
Yeah man I figured it would be that because that’s when the front diff would be under the most pressure, but it checked out perfectly fine!

Yeah man I figured it would be that because that’s when the front diff would be under the most pressure, but it checked out perfectly fine!
Is your drive cup spinning loose on the front pinion i notice mine gets loose even with red LT

I’ll check when I get home
And if not depending on the amount of abuse the bulkhead could be cracked and spreading making the gears skip but this is unlikely i would double check the ring gear sometimes there's only 1 tooth missing and it's easy to over look

And if not depending on the amount of abuse the bulkhead could be cracked and spreading making the gears skip but this is unlikely i would double check the ring gear sometimes there's only 1 tooth missing and it's easy to over look
Yeah. I mean most of my old trucks blew a few diffs over the years but I’ve always been to find the missing tooth but maybe I was just a little tired last night and missed it. Could also be a bearing blown out, but the forward rotational torque pushes the input gear onto the ring gear, and the reverse rotation pushes it away, hence the noise?

How are the diff cap screw threads? I stripped out 2 of mine on my outcast and it allowed enough movement when under power to skip teeth on hard acceleration.
Yeah they were fine. I’m now thinking it was a bad bearing and I just didn’t check correctly.

Yeah. I mean most of my old trucks blew a few diffs over the years but I’ve always been to find the missing tooth but maybe I was just a little tired last night and missed it. Could also be a bearing blown out, but the forward rotational torque pushes the input gear onto the ring gear, and the reverse rotation pushes it away, hence the noise?
Could be a bearing to on the input and yeah like i said ive have diffs only chip a small piece of the tooth and it be hard to notice and they still make noise you gotta look closely sometimes

Well I’m too lazy to look into it, if something breaks I’ll check it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back