Senton Senton 6s conversion to typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I’m in a huge bind here. What parts would I need?? I know I need bumpers and body mounts. I’m stuck everywhere else. If it’s cheap enough I might as well do it- SCT bodies are expensive.

Towers too. The shocks are minimally different too.
Never knew. So I need bumpers body mounts towers spoiler mount and spoiler... then I should be good? Or do I have to swap shocks?

Never knew. So I need bumpers body mounts towers spoiler mount and spoiler... then I should be good? Or do I have to swap shocks?
I believe the A arms and axles are shorter for the Typhon as well. I'm not at home to compare the two right now though.

I think the shocks are going to be real close, but maybe we can get @slick2500 to chine in

Arrma has 3 a arm sizes: short, medium, and long (marked on the arm) I believe short is typhon/senton, medium is talion, and long is kraton/outcast??

Arrma has 3 a arm sizes: short, medium, and long (marked on the arm) I believe short is typhon/senton, medium is talion, and long is kraton/outcast??
I could be wrong but I thought the Senton was the same as the OC/Kraton ??‍♂️

Dam. Guess this conversion wouldn’t be worth it.

Check Jenny's rc for all the parts you will need I just converted my friends granite to a 4s kraton for like $60 or less longer wheel base and longer arms as well as tires and driveshafts
This is the 6S version tho ...

I’ll clarify by posting the vehicle I’m working with:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reason I started this thread is because every part that i assumed would need to be swapped with a typhon part is either broken or worn out.

Talion arms are the same as the Kraton and Outcast (L). Senton are the shortest and it's the only truck that uses the "s" arms. Typhon is the "m" and it shares its arms with the Infraction and Limitless.

Talion arms are the same as the Kraton and Outcast (L). Senton are the shortest and it's the only truck that uses the "s" arms. Typhon is the "m" and it shares its arms with the Infraction and Limitless.
Mmm i see. So I’d need new driveshafts as well and turnbuckles. Rip this conversion.

Sorry I took so long in getting back to you and sorry for the long post. The shock lengths shown below come from the thread.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 107mm
Rear: AR330479 120mm

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Attached are some images of the A arms of each. The Typhon towers are the ones on the car, the Senton arms are the loose ones on top. It's also not clear from the picture but the ends that attach to the vehicle are indeed aligned.

Front
20191110_022322.jpg

Rear
20191110_022343.jpg

Here is the Typhon front and rear shock towers on top of the Senton shock towers. Senton rear tower is pretty bent. The Typhon front almost has all of the holes aligning with the Senton front. Rears are difficult to check due to the bend. Sorry.
20191110_023230.jpg

Here they are with the Typhon towers below the Senton towers.
20191110_023239.jpg

Are you going to be racing this buggy where the width restriction will matter or just doing it because that's what you want instead of the Senton? If you are just doing it to bash with, I would honestly just leave the Senton shock towers, shocks, axles and A arms in place and convert it to a Typhon. I doubt you will actually notice that it is ever so slightly narrower. If you had Kraton/Outcast arms it would be a different story.

Let us know what you decide to do! My Senton has been completely disassembled for over a year and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I keep going back and forth between a desert buggy or a monster sct with MX28 tires.

Sorry I took so long in getting back to you and sorry for the long post. The shock lengths shown below come from the thread.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 107mm
Rear: AR330479 120mm

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Attached are some images of the A arms of each. The Typhon towers are the ones on the car, the Senton arms are the loose ones on top. It's also not clear from the picture but the ends that attach to the vehicle are indeed aligned.

Front
View attachment 53361

Rear
View attachment 53360

Here is the Typhon front and rear shock towers on top of the Senton shock towers. Senton rear tower is pretty bent. The Typhon front almost has all of the holes aligning with the Senton front. Rears are difficult to check due to the bend. Sorry.
View attachment 53364

Here they are with the Typhon towers below the Senton towers.
View attachment 53365

Are you going to be racing this buggy where the width restriction will matter or just doing it because that's what you want instead of the Senton? If you are just doing it to bash with, I would honestly just leave the Senton shock towers, shocks, axles and A arms in place and convert it to a Typhon. I doubt you will actually notice that it is ever so slightly narrower. If you had Kraton/Outcast arms it would be a different story.

Let us know what you decide to do! My Senton has been completely disassembled for over a year and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I keep going back and forth between a desert buggy or a monster sct with MX28 tires.
I really appreciate you taking the time to give me assistance. Honestly, I’m just gonna stay as a senton and maybe buy a different 8th scale buggy. You have a great point with the arms and towers though. And if the skinniness bothers me I could throw on hub extenders.

I think the shocks are going to be real close, but maybe we can get @slick2500 to chine in
Sorry I somehow missed this yesterday.

But @Peeeenuuutt this is totally doable, leave the shocks and shock towers the way they are, add Kraton/Outcast/Talion hubs and stub axles and boom it should be the about the same width as the Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back