Senton Senton 6s running on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So this is a quick video of the TLR Senton 6s build I did running on 4s ( 16t pinion ) . With all the threads about going with a 3s or 4s Arrma vs . getting a 6s ( which most say to do ) , this kinda shows you what a 6s rig will do on 4s . First off you are not even close to abusing this rig , and for smaller confined tighter backyards to me is pretty quick and satisfying on 4s , at least to me . Don't get me wrong , I love this thing on 6s , it's a little tank of a truck and very fast in the big open fields / tracks / etc .

Last edited:
I know many just up their 3s 4x4 rigs to 4s or buy the V2 4s rigs, for that extra speed and power, as logic has it.
But a 6s rig on 4s runs sweet also with much less breakages. My TLRT will only ever see 4s and 58mph is fast enough for my Typhon. But I also run my other 6s rigs on 4s also. Maybe 40% of the time. Many don't have 4s packs. Shooting for/buying 6s packs or 2x 3S packs out the gate, not realizing that a 4s pack is a great option. Yeah, don't knock it until you try a 6s rig on 4s.

I know many just up their 3s 4x4 rigs to 4s or buy the V2 4s rigs, for that extra speed and power, as logic has it.
But a 6s rig on 4s runs sweet also with much less breakages. My TLRT will only ever see 4s and 58mph is fast enough for my Typhon. But I also run my other 6s rigs on 4s also. Maybe 40% of the time. Many don't have 4s packs. Shooting for/buying 6s packs or 2x 3S packs out the gate, not realizing that a 4s pack is a great option. Yeah, don't knock it until you try a 6s rig on 4s.
Yeah , we used to race our Mojaves in the back yard only on 4s !!!!

The Perfect 4s scenario.

So this is a quick video of the TLR Senton 6s build I did running on 4s ( 16t pinion ) . With all the threads about going with a 3s or 4s Arrma vs . getting a 6s ( which most say to do ) , this kinda shows you what a 6s rig will do on 4s . First off you are not even close to abusing this rig , and for smaller confined tighter backyards to me is pretty quick and satisfying on 4s , at least to me . Don't get me wrong , I love this thing on 6s , it's a little tank of a truck and very fast in the big open fields / tracks / etc .

Here is my Senton 6S I made after watching your YouTube video. I commented on your video.

It runs awesome on 4s. I had a Kraton 6S EXB previously, and this is much more controllable. I am not one to want to go tear up my stuff- that would really tick my wife off.

Did a view runs out in the street and cul du sac and it rips. I can’t wait to take it out with my son to the park.

Thanks again for the YouTube videos. Arrma should definitely come back out with a new Senton 6S. It is a beautiful truck and not as expensive or big as the Mojave.

015706A7-49D0-4788-8996-56523DDABB79.jpeg

94550DDB-2F20-4A24-A73C-179E831BBD30.jpeg

This is really cool. For those of us who have 6S vehicles, but no 4S packs to try, are there "similar" options? Like adjusting your controller settings to 70% power, something like that?

From aircraft, I remember there being some concerns about the ESC heating up more if it was doing a lot of switching, like if running at a low throttle %. But maybe that concern has gone away, and those ESC were passively cooled, no fans. So maybe that's a non-issue.

If I could safely tone things down to act more like 4S, while still using my 6S packs, that would be interesting to know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back