Senton Senton 6S steering servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabricebourel

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi all,

my problem : today my steering servo has started to twitch on my Senton 6S V3 in neutral position.

gear used : a TTX300 receiver and the servo is the stock one (ADS 15M).

my observations :
1. when I run straight it sometimes slightly but clearly sends the car to the right suddenly.
2. in a neutral position, sometimes the servo is clearly twitching like a parkinsonian, and sometimes not.
3. whenever I turn it fully to the left or right, I have noticed that when it reaches an endpoint position, it has a kind of left/right shaking before being still.
4. same issue as point 3 when I get back to neutral (small left/right shaking issue before being still, accompagnied with some twitching so).
5. on the course of going slowly from neutral to L/R endpoint I do not see any twitching occurring.

Beforehands I checked all mecanichal parts of the steering and everything seems ok.

Are there any known issues with this stock servo ? I haven't found anything really about it. I have tried to change the receiver batteries without luck. It is time to change it ? Thanks a lot for any ideas. I'd greatly appreciate it. Am a bit disappointed :-/

Cheers,
Fab

1. when I run straight it sometimes slightly but clearly sends the car to the right suddenly.
2. in a neutral position, sometimes the servo is clearly twitching like a parkinsonian, and sometimes not.
3. whenever I turn it fully to the left or right, I have noticed that when it reaches an endpoint position, it has a kind of left/right shaking before being still.
4. same issue as point 3 when I get back to neutral (small left/right shaking issue before being still, accompagnied with some twitching so).
5. on the course of going slowly from neutral to L/R endpoint I do not see any twitching occurring.

Got nearly the same problem, especially, no. 1. The motor spin continuously when you remove the servo...
So, I unsolded the little motor and change it. It works, but I damaged the gears during the operation because the shaft was not straight. Never works fine anymore...
I've been able to repair only 1 servo on my 5 dead servo...
IMHO and from my experiences, your servo is maybe gone.

Attachments

• IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1874.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
:)The Stock servo is bricked. The potentiometer inside it is fried They all do that. Stock 15kg servos are short lived for various reasons. Everyone changes these out to at least 35KG servos. Why do you want to change out the Reciever battery????? There is none! That's why you are having no luck finding one. All is powered by the main Lipo. Who told you to change out the receiver battery?:cool: Receiver batteries are only found on Nitro/Gas powered RC rigs.:) Your Senton's Servo is powered by the BEC of the ESC which is all powered by the Lipo battery. Good luck.(y)

:)The Stock servo is bricked. The potentiometer inside it is fried They all do that. Stock 15kg servos are short lived for various reasons. Everyone changes these out to at least 35KG servos. Why do you want to change out the Reciever battery????? There is none! That's why you are having no luck finding one. All is powered by the main Lipo. Who told you to change out the receiver battery?:cool: Receiver batteries are only found on Nitro/Gas powered RC rigs.:) Your Senton's Servo is powered by the BEC of the ESC which is all powered by the Lipo battery. Good luck.(y)

Oups my mistake, I meant the Transmitter, not receiver of course ;) Indeed I would have no luck searching ha ha.

So the most common problem is with the potentiometer, right ?
Got nearly the same problem, especially, no. 1. The motor spin continuously when you remove the servo...
So, I unsolded the little motor and change it. It works, but I damaged the gears during the operation because the shaft was not straight. Never works fine anymore...
I've been able to repair only 1 servo on my 5 dead servo...
IMHO and from my experiences, your servo is maybe gone.

Thanks a lot, I may open it also to check quickly. And yes I think I'll have to get a new and better one because I am not superbashing like some dudes here :)

Last edited:
I will investigate a bit more (humidity, receiver, inside the servo) but I guess I am going to get sooner or later the SAVOX SW-1210SG as it seems to be a good consensus for our RCs.

I will post some news when I have some. Many thanks again for this helpful forum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back