Senton Senton 6s street mod build and notes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summitp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
I found a little bit of info, but not a lot. I'm thinking I want to convert my senton 6s into a street car. That means lower, firm up suspension, and slap cool street car body. Not too worried about figuring out body mounts. But... Bodies looks a little tricky. The senton platform appears to be wider and longer than most of the 1/10 street bodies. 1/8 street bodies seem a bit closer. Are there any good looking street or rally bodies that will fit a senton 6s? I'm thinking vintage 911, or e30... My kid likes the c8 vette, but meh... Porsche 959 would be dope. What cool bodies out there are a decent fit wheelbase and width wise?
Under the body, I was thinking about adding some sort of splitter/bumper to prevent air from running up into the body at speed, as well as to provide some protection for the body. What material do I need to search for? Not afraid to cut and drill my own...
Tire wise. I was anning on running the hoons. Looks like there are two offsets available? Which offset will fit in the body?
Suspension wise, I was thinking of trying felony shock towers and shocks with stock senton a arms. Anything to watch out for there?
I'd love to hear all sorts of ideas, so please, let them fly. I will not be lowering with droop screws, I will adjust but they will not determine ride height.
The goal is not a 100mph monster, just something fun to rip around the parking lot or street, do some drifting etc...

Tired senton runs great, but needs a little pick me up. Or drop me down...
IMG_20210410_171042.jpg

Any street car body that says it will fit a slash should fit the senton pretty well. I put the pro line brute bash ford body on my home built senton and it fits perfect. The sct 56 ford pro line body will fully enclose the wheels as well. You can run the stock hubs and hoons. GRP 1/8 tires are great too. I put the infraction towers and shocks on my newest road typhon and it def lowers the overhead on the rig. I drilled a hole higher up to mount the typhon body mounts in the back and i'm sure with some creative drilling you could use the body mount set or anything really to get the spacing where you want it.

typhon11.jpg

senton3.jpg

Did you take shock towers off? Do you have more pics ? Im liking this look
Shock towers still the same took cage off used outcast sides bumper tower brace

6B188242-C0CF-4473-A511-44A2E07CE129.jpeg

4BE36D08-A54B-4375-BA2C-ABC9E15DF677.jpeg

C09E6D1D-98B3-4F75-A18B-E2298D5F1496.jpeg

27F4E42C-3C01-4E2C-8C1C-D49CD2B06BF4.jpeg

7416CCEE-DA55-405B-9E2F-CE49885EDE75.jpeg

417EC47E-CB48-4DD6-A11C-25A3B3F3AC21.jpeg

Good call on the delta plastic site. I'll do some measuring for wheelbase and width, but I do know slash 4x4 bodies fit well as I have gone through several.
I like the looks of the lancia stratos body. The 911 doesn't do it for me with the super wide fenders. Loses too much of the classic look. This looks pretty cool.
w1024_Foto0022_3798486376_t-m_1240479908_1024x1024.jpg

L bizzy, got any more details on your build? Car looks pretty cool. Do you have a build thread? Looks like you are using stock shock towers and body mounts. What shocks are you using?
I think I am going to grab the felony/limitless shock towers. Ebay has a set for cheap. But I'll need shorter shocks. Another $60 should grab the felony/limitless shocks.
First things first, need to go out and measure wheelbase and width.
Edit, 325mm wheelbase, and 300mm width.

Last edited:
Got some felony shock towers and shocks on the way. Gotta adecidd on the body, and figure out how I am going to mount, then choose wheels tires.

Hmmm. So I got what looks like decent ride height, and decent suspension geometry, arms are about flat. I used the stock front shock tower, and the felony rear shock tower. Front shocks are felony rear, and rears are felony fronts... I'll try swapping them around. Maybe felony rear shocks all around is the ticket. With the felony front tower, and front shocks, front was way too high. Suspension arms are all senton 6s bits. But not sure I'm happy with it. With 1/8 buggy tires, it looks alright. Guess I should stick to that wheel tire size, as I am about maxed out on ride height. Maybe lower will work ok with hoons, but I'll have to check some dimensions... I am concerned about body fitment with the stock front shock tower. I suppose I just need to bite the bullet and get a body and wheels and tires.
Looking a little better, but I have concerns.
Ultimately the goal is just to have something fun to beat around the street and parking lots as I have 3 other off roaders.
IMG_20210507_230002.jpg

IMG_20210507_230018.jpg

IMG_20210507_230026.jpg

Little more fiddling around this afternoon. Much happier with the setup. This is felony shock towers front and rear, felony shocks front in the front, rear in the rear. I did have to drill a couple of holes in the front tower to get them where I want them. The suspension looks much better now imo. Should give enough adjustability and travel to dial it in nicely.
For body mounts, I am going to pick up a rear body mount for felony. The wing mount/rear body mount/ whatever piece that connects the shock tower to the center brace will work nicely from the felony and give me a flexible body mount. Not sure what to do about the front yet.
Need to run to the store tomorrow and grab some tires. I like the look of the felony/notorious fronts with the 5 spoke. But I like the tread on the duratrax 1/8 buggy banditos. Not after ultimate grip. So sort of leaning towards the banditos. But the 5 spoke hoons look so much cooler...
IMG_20210510_185226.jpg

IMG_20210510_185235.jpg

More progress. With the suspension looking better, it was time to go grab some tires. Picked up a set of hoons, slapped a 4s in for a trial run out front. It runs great! It is good enough that I am sufficiently encouraged to make the next step, and do some suspension tuning. Front end is too soft compared to the rear. The rod ends around the entire car are feeling pretty sloppy, so going to out some new ones on all around the car. Gonna hammer the steering rack flat. It needs new bearings around all 4 corners, but I don't have any of the big ones, forgot grab some today. Basically the car needs a refresh, we have beat on it for years with only the bare minimum maintenance given to keep it running.
Diff fluid. I have 100k in there now. I'd like to have good four wheel drift action, but I'll play with that after I adjust the suspension and give it an alignment, so I have a better idea of what the car really needs from a diff standpoint. My go is to have it setup where it is predictable cornering at the limit, and be able to induce throttle oversteer gradually. We'll see. This my first street car since I was a kid. It sure was fun. Check it out.
IMG_20210513_200048.jpg

IMG_20210513_200034.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back