Typhon Senton 6s tires on a Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
I have been blowing out a few tires lately on 6s with my Typhon v5 and I've always wondered if the Senton 6s tires/wheels fit the 6s Typhon? They look beefy and a little bigger which could be what I'm after. Has anyone tried these on a 6s Typhon?

Arrma ARA550069 dBoots FORTRESS Tyre Set Glued Gun Metal 17mm hex (Pair)

These tires are not for the Senton, these are Mohave tires. they are much bigger and require different diffs. You have no shortage of optios for buggy tires, from proline and others.

I have been blowing out a few tires lately on 6s with my Typhon v5 and I've always wondered if the Senton 6s tires/wheels fit the 6s Typhon? They look beefy and a little bigger which could be what I'm after. Has anyone tried these on a 6s Typhon?

Arrma ARA550069 dBoots FORTRESS Tyre Set Glued Gun Metal 17mm hex (Pair)
The Mojave tires will work great.

Have no clue why the above person mentioned diffs? That does not even make sense. Lol. Typhon 6s and Mojave have the same diffs (aside from the Mojave EXB which have the 29mm diffs, but are same gear ratio).

The Mojave tires will work great.

Have no clue why the above person mentioned diffs? That does not even make sense. Lol. Typhon 6s and Mojave have the same diffs (aside from the Mojave EXB which have the 29mm diffs, but are same gear ratio).

I believe the Typhon has 10/43 straight cut gears while the Mojave has 13/43 spiral cut gears for the input pinion and ring gear. The 4.3 ratio and spiral cut helps handle bigger tires better.

To OP, Senton 6s tires would be fine but as mentioned above lots of 1/8 buggy options - in addition to the brands mentioned above, Duratrax also has a line of 1/8 buggy tires.

I believe the Typhon has 10/43 straight cut gears while the Mojave has 13/43 spiral cut gears for the input pinion and ring gear. The 4.3 ratio and spiral cut helps handle bigger tires better.

To OP, Senton 6s tires would be fine but as mentioned above lots of 1/8 buggy options - in addition to the brands mentioned above, Duratrax also has a line of 1/8 buggy tires.
+1. I'll add I really wouldn't recommend Sention 6s tires...not because there's anything wrong with them, but because they're for a discontinued model and sometimes acquiring them is difficult as they go on backorder a lot. And, simply put, though there's nothing "wrong" with them, there are better options. If you've been blowing tires that bad, you might consider switching to belted tires.

Check out the grp buggy tires..cheap super strong,pre vented on the outside of tire.great tires
These are strong

Screenshot_20220216-063534_Google.jpg

Ok. I stand corrected. Typhon does have the 13/43 and Mojave 10/43. But I guess I see it as they are still 6s diffs, and the Mojave tires would be fine.

Ok. I stand corrected. Typhon does have the 13/43 and Mojave 10/43. But I guess I see it as they are still 6s diffs, and the Mojave tires would be fine.
"Fine" is subjective. The Mojave comes with a stock 12t pinion. To get the same rollout with Typhon diffs rolling on Mojave tires, you would need about a 10t pinion.

I put those Mojave tires on my Typhon build. Only did 3 quick test runs and they grip ok but initially turned the Typhon into a wheelie monster. I wound up turning the punch all the way down and using the throttle EXP function on my radio along with lowering my dual rate to get the wheelies to subside. Still working out the kinks. I like the size of them. Most buggy tires are around 100 to 120mm in diameter and seemed small and too low for what I was trying to accomplish. I've also got Mojave arms with Kraton hubs/axles so the wheels stick out a bit farther than the normal Typhon. I'm using Talion shock towers as well. I wanted a taller stance which it sounds like you want also. I like the stance on mines and I don't really jump at all but I wanted higher ground clearance for running high speeds over rougher terrain. The Mojave tires balloon a bit also so watch out for that too. I want something belted in the 135 to 140mm range which I haven't been able to track down as of yet. May wind up taking the tires apart and belting them myself.

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

Mojave tires totally not big enough to be worried about spiral cut diffs. It's not like they're backflip lp's. There are only a handful of videos out there of people doing it but it works great. I think you need to truggifiy with kraton hubs and hexes though. I even jump with my mojave tire wearing typhon no problem, I like them a lot but I do tip over in grass kind of easily.

These tires are not for the Senton, these are Mohave tires. they are much bigger and require different diffs. You have no shortage of optios for buggy tires, from proline and others.
Mojo tires will work. Yes wider and slightly taller. Something to work around perhaps. But Being zero offset, common to do.
Diffs play no part in this equation.:whistle:
Maybe drop the pinion down a tooth or 2 to your liking if anything. Mojo tires are more durable than the Typhon V5 ones. Great traction also.
:cool:
I have both a Typhon TLRT and Mojave.
Adding to why it would be not advisable to run Mojave tires on a typhon, you won’t be able to slap the chassis on landings, the shocks will bottom out before the chassis.
Completely Inconsequential IMHO. We are talking 6-8mm chassis height difference overall. Chassis will slap on full compression.
Just me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Check out the grp buggy tires..cheap super strong,pre vented on the outside of tire.great tires
These are strong

View attachment 200389
Buggy pins are nice. Many don't like them because they don't have that Big Monster Truck look to them
I use track Truggy and Buggy pins on my Noto, Kraton and even my Mojo at times. They hook up and are durable enough for me. DTX X-cons. (zero offset) I never got a blow with them. Just don't run Pins on pavement and you are fine.

These are strong

View attachment 200389
I actually bought a pair of these for the first time I went to the track. They worked really well but I haven't been back to the track since haha.

Mojo tires will work. Yes wider and slightly taller. Something to work around perhaps. But Being zero offset, common to do.
Diffs play no part in this equation.:whistle:
Maybe drop the pinion down a tooth or 2 to your liking if anything. Mojo tires are more durable than the Typhon V5 ones. Great traction also.
:cool:
I have both a Typhon TLRT and Mojave.

Completely Inconsequential IMHO. We are talking 6-8mm chassis height difference overall. Chassis will slap on full compression.
Just me.:rolleyes:
I agree with all said here.

Just sayin. Diffs play no part of the concern with this. I have run those tires on the 4s diffs, and they can handle them.

Thanks to for all the great replies, awesome community and always!

I have limited choices available to me locally and importing takes so long. I have thought about the Talion tires I could get them off Jenny's if I'm happy to wait a month.

I also really don't want to have to play around with swapping out hubs and extending the arms etc.
Buggy pins are nice. Many don't like them because they don't have that Big Monster Truck look to them
I use track Truggy and Buggy pins on my Noto, Kraton and even my Mojo at times. They hook up and are durable enough for me. DTX X-cons. (zero offset) I never got a blow with them. Just don't run Pins on pavement and you are fine.

Are these any good?

AKA 1/8 BUGGY I-BEAM SUPER SOFT EVO WHEEL PRE-MOUNTED YELLOW
https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/aka-1-8-buggy-i-beam-super-soft-evo-wheel-pre-mounted-yellow/

I can get the DTX cons too! They look awesome

https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/duratrax-1-8-x-cons-truggy-tyres-c2-mounted-0-offset/

Last edited:
I actually bought a pair of these for the first time I went to the track. They worked really well but I haven't been back to the track since haha.
The GRP's look like the deal for sure. Considering they have Closed Cell foams. (y) Closed Cell Foam stays in shape and won't break down. Crappy Open Cell foams are cheap, always contributes to blow outs IMHO.
Closed Cell foams are where it's at. Always.
I would consider the Atomics . Medium compound myself.
Good find.(y):)

Thanks to for all the great replies, awesome community and always!

I have limited choices available to me locally and importing takes so long. I have thought about the Talion tires I could get them off Jenny's if I'm happy to wait a month.

I also really don't want to have to play around with swapping out hubs and extending the arms etc.

Are these any good?

AKA 1/8 BUGGY I-BEAM SUPER SOFT EVO WHEEL PRE-MOUNTED YELLOW
https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/aka-1-8-buggy-i-beam-super-soft-evo-wheel-pre-mounted-yellow/

I can get the DTX cons too! They look awesome

https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/duratrax-1-8-x-cons-truggy-tyres-c2-mounted-0-offset/
IBeams, Xcons, both are good. But I would not get the Super Soft unless you are a high level racer - they will be worn out in just a few runs.

With all of the racing tires, they will be better on areas with a mix of loose dirt and hardpack. The place where the MX style tires fail is on the hardpack - they really start to slide a lot - especially if it is hardpack with a bit of dust. This is where the buggy pins can really hook up - the smaller pin and softer rubber will sweep the dust away and grab the hard dirt, where the MX will just slide. In the softer dirt, the bigger pin buggy tires (like Blockade, Ibeam) can still dig in and move the car, but the MX will have the advantage.

My local track on most days is a mix of hardpack and dirt drifts. I will often start with the Lockups, then move to Impacts or Ibeams as the track starts to clean up and wear in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back