Typhon Senton 6s tires on a Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to for all the great replies, awesome community and always!

I have limited choices available to me locally and importing takes so long. I have thought about the Talion tires I could get them off Jenny's if I'm happy to wait a month.

I also really don't want to have to play around with swapping out hubs and extending the arms etc.

Are these any good?

AKA 1/8 BUGGY I-BEAM SUPER SOFT EVO WHEEL PRE-MOUNTED YELLOW
https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/aka-1-8-buggy-i-beam-super-soft-evo-wheel-pre-mounted-yellow/

I can get the DTX cons too! They look awesome

https://www.rchobbies.co.nz/duratrax-1-8-x-cons-truggy-tyres-c2-mounted-0-offset/
I would go with a set of the GRP Atomic's. Medium compound like stated above. They run Closed cell foams. First choice, if I was to get my next new set.
You need BUGGY sized (zero offset) wheels/tires. Not Truggy wheels. Truggies are just too big for the Typhon.
Truggy tires are for the Notorious and Kraton.
But I am happy with my Duratrax X-Cons. (Zero offset). Get Buggy size for the Typhon.. No blow outs yet with a lot of use. I have 8 of them.
Your call.
Tires are all trial and error. We all drive different, have different expectations of traction etc.
I just can't overemphasize enough, the better value with Closed Cell foams. (y) Something you can't visually see to appreciate.

Edited.

I would pass on the Talion tires. They are Truggy sized, (not for the Typhon.) and for the price, not all that, as tires go.

Last edited:
Completely Inconsequential IMHO. We are talking 6-8mm chassis height difference overall. Chassis will slap on full compression.
Just me.:rolleyes:
10mm (118mm vs 139mm), i just tried it on my TTLR, the chassis is not even close to touch the ground. and the v5 have an even less shock "up-travel".

10mm (118mm vs 139mm), i just tried it on my TTLR, the chassis is not even close to touch the ground. and the v5 have an even less shock "up-travel".
I am going to check mine now and swap over my mojo wheels to my TLRT now.
I respect your opinion. Let me double check.
Will get back.....
‐-------‐---

I run the SS Arrma skid plates front and rear. FWIW. My chassis slaps just fine. Albeit with no comfort room when chassis is perfectly flat and level. But does rest flat .F-R
When bashing there will always be shock full compression no matter what at any given time. At one corner or the other. Rarely if ever landing perfectly flat.
There are variables to this depending how you lay down or up all 4 shocks at the tower. This will increase or decrease full control arm deflection.
I prefer buggy wheels on my TLRT. But many do run these MOJO Fortress tires and even larger. Not that a very large MT tire is good for any Typhon Buggy.
I feel the MOJO tire just squeaks in there as one option. With no issues.
5mm extra height from the Mojo wheels is inconsequential.

NOTE: The only one slight possible problem there might be is that the Mojo wheels may touch the rear TLRT Wing when or if they balloon very much during full rear shock compression. IDK more than this.

20220216_135644.jpg

20220216_135752.jpg

20220216_135711.jpg

Last edited:
I would go with a set of the GRP Atomic's. Medium compound like stated above. They run Closed cell foams. First choice, if I was to get my next new set.
You need BUGGY sized (zero offset) wheels/tires. Not Truggy wheels. Truggies are just too big for the Typhon.
Truggy tires are for the Notorious and Kraton.
But I am happy with my Duratrax X-Cons. (Zero offset). Get Buggy size for the Typhon.. No blow outs yet with a lot of use. I have 8 of them.
Your call.
Tires are all trial and error. We all drive different, have different expectations of traction etc.
I just can't overemphasize enough, the better value with Closed Cell foams. (y) Something you can't visually see to appreciate.

Edited.

I would pass on the Talion tires. They are Truggy sized, (not for the Typhon.) and for the price, not all that, as tires go.

Thanks bro. Ordered some Duratrax Lock-ups off Amazon. Such a great price I couldn't resist.

I'm confused, I just posted a video of me getting chassis slap from ramp jumps. I even just picked up my TTLR and dropped it from right below my waist (6'3) and I got chassis slap and that's without a battery.

Divide 10mm by 2 and that equals 5 mm extra height. Inconsequential. Like I approximated abov
I'm confused, I just posted a video of me getting chassis slap from ramp jumps. I even just picked up my TTLR and dropped it from right below my waist (6'3) and I got chassis slap and that's without a battery.
+1

Last edited:
Thanks bro. Ordered some Duratrax Lock-ups off Amazon. Such a great price I couldn't resist.
I have a set of Duratrax Lockups on my Typhon 3s. I haven't had a chance to run them hard yet (20-35F is a bit too cold for me), but so far I like them. And if they wear out, they are relatively inexpensive to replace.

I run the SS Arrma skid plates front and rear. FWIW. My chassis slaps just fine. Albeit with no comfort room when chassis is perfectly flat and level. But does rest flat .F-R
Mmm.. well, admittedly I didn't really used Mojave tires.. I used a very worn out Katars, that I measured to be 138mm (1mm less than what Arrma's is saying the Mojave tires are), and I tried them on my TTLR and the most I can compress the chassis is 13mm above the ground...
IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

Maybe I didn't take into account the fact that the Mojave tires squash much more than the Katars under load?

Divide 10mm by 2 and that equals 5 mm extra height. Inconsequential. Like I approximated above.
no I meant 21mm total, so 10.5mm of extra chassis height..

@Yonic My Mojo Fortress measures 132mm across.:geek:

Last edited:
@Yonic My Mojo Fortress measures 132mm across.:geek:
The Mojo tires are way smaller. I tried the 6S belted Katars from a Talion too (just for looks) and they were HUGE...made the car look almost clownish. I didn't even run them. Definitely not enough wheelbase to support the size of the Katars.

If you're wanting to put on the Senton 6s tires cause you like the look of SCT wheels , and /or make it look like a desert buggy , how about the readily available Powerhobby Defenders ? I got them for my Senton 6s , and although I didn't run them yet , they look killer and are a little bigger than the stock ones !!!!

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

If you're wanting to put on the Senton 6s tires cause you like the look of SCT wheels , and /or make it look like a desert buggy , how about the readily available Powerhobby Defenders ? I got them for my Senton 6s , and although I didn't run them yet , they look killer and are a little bigger than the stock ones !!!!

View attachment 200522

View attachment 200523
I just got the power hobby raptor SCT tires for my Senton 6S. I plan to put them in this weekend after I clean it up.

I ended up getting Duratrax Lockup C2 buggy wheels/tires for my Typhon and they are great. They look fantastic and on 4s with the 20t pinion plenty fast enough for my bashing area.

Bought them from Amazon and only took 7 days from California to my country house door in New Zealand. Very impressive 👏

I put those Mojave tires on my Typhon build. Only did 3 quick test runs and they grip ok but initially turned the Typhon into a wheelie monster. I wound up turning the punch all the way down and using the throttle EXP function on my radio along with lowering my dual rate to get the wheelies to subside. Still working out the kinks. I like the size of them. Most buggy tires are around 100 to 120mm in diameter and seemed small and too low for what I was trying to accomplish. I've also got Mojave arms with Kraton hubs/axles so the wheels stick out a bit farther than the normal Typhon. I'm using Talion shock towers as well. I wanted a taller stance which it sounds like you want also. I like the stance on mines and I don't really jump at all but I wanted higher ground clearance for running high speeds over rougher terrain. The Mojave tires balloon a bit also so watch out for that too. I want something belted in the 135 to 140mm range which I haven't been able to track down as of yet. May wind up taking the tires apart and belting them myself.

View attachment 200428

View attachment 200429

View attachment 200432

View attachment 200433
I know this is a old tread but what chassis brace and mounts did you use?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back