Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Mega Senton Bash Break Fix Repeat

Discussion in 'Senton 6S BLX' started by greatdividers, Mar 10, 2018.

1. greatdividers

greatdividers Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    This is my very first RC. Bought this last weekend. Every day since I've been putting it through it's pace. Finding limits and learning how the hell to drive. Also breaking things :rolleyes:

Some pics
    IMG_20180303_133733.jpg
    IMG_20180307_172036.jpg

Of course I drove into a concrete bench at half speed. Broke my front lower skid plate and my servo spun in the saver. Got bored today and threw in some parts from my kit build. Dynamite Tazer 3300kV brushless w/ esc and a savox servo.

IMG_20180307_172027.jpg
    IMG_20180310_154505.jpg

Currently waiting for the battery to charge to test out the upgrades.

Next will be switching to LiPo power and I've got to repair a leaking shock. Oh, and glue the skidplate for the 3rd time haha. I've got my eye on granite 4x4 wheels as well but that may be a while.

2. greatdividers

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    Just got back from my first bash after upgrades. I'm very happy I decided to put the brushless motor in. There is a huge difference in power!

Right as my battery died I found an incredible spot for tomorrow. It looks like someone built a RC track in the snow just for me. Can't wait!

IMG_20180310_181748.jpg
    IMG_20180310_181810.jpg

stewdogg likes this.
  3. stewdogg

stewdogg Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton
    I love it when you find a spot that seems to be custom made for you!
    Congrats on the new rig Where are the sweet bashing videos at?

4. greatdividers

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    @stewdogg ask and you shall receive!

And another shot of the new spot. I see many more broken bumpers in my future. I broke the front "bumper spring" today. I really need to find a durable solution for the front end of this machine.

IMG_20180311_082334.jpg

Note to self - camera landscape next time haha

5. stewdogg

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton
    That's awesome!
    Is it an actual track that someone laid out? That looks like too much fun!

6. greatdividers

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    I'm unsure of the real reason that track exists. I've never seen anyone use it other than myself.

It looks like I'll be retiring this machine for a while. Parts keep breaking and they are almost all on back order. No aftermarket solutions available either. Pretty disappointed by this.

7. stewdogg

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton
    That sucks about the parts breaking and not being in stock! The cold temperatures unfortunately make the plastics on these trucks a lot more brittle.
    Sometimes the only way to fix them is to rig up something yourself. The other solution is to get a second truck to run while the other is down. You look like the type of basher that needs an 1/8 scale truck.They take a bit more punishment for sure.
    I hope you get it fixed up soon!

Megasty likes this.
  8. Megasty

Megasty Premium Member!
    Premium Member Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    Thinking outside the box is the only way any progression happens at all in this hobby. Solutions to problems can be a few feet away waiting for you to notice them. In my case, it was a few car parts sitting in the backyard, waiting for trash pickup.

0313181042_HDR.jpg
    0313181043a_HDR.jpg
    0313181044_HDR.jpg
    0112181745.jpg

I made these using T-bone's usual template. The super durable composite plastic came from an old Saturn bumper. This stuff will not break no matter what I do to it. I even made wing mounts out of it & I'm working on a wing too. But this stuff is an ass to cut. I have to use HD aviation snips just to get through it.

9. greatdividers

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    I'm giving the machine a rest until temps warm up around here. We are at daytime highs around 0°C which isn't great for the break-ability of the plastic haha. I've got all parts ordered now except for a bumper/skidplate :D

You're totally right. I'm going to try to come up with something over the next couple of weeks as I wait for parts to arrive. I saw in another thread you dropped a link for some ebay shocks. I think I'm going to order them up since I've got one leaking.

Currently waiting for shocks, aluminum piece for the front of the front a-arms, bumper springs. I'll be switching to lipo power once everything is arrived and installed. Just need to get the front skidplate and shock oil figured.

Attached Files:

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer