Senton Battery Parallel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esowins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Has anyone tried running the batteries in parallel? I have a 5000 mah 50c and it doesn’t seem to last more than 10-15 min. There’s plenty of room in the battery area for a second battery. Would this cause the motor or anything to become too hot or have people had success doing this?

Has anyone tried running the batteries in parallel? I have a 5000 mah 50c and it doesn’t seem to last more than 10-15 min. There’s plenty of room in the battery area for a second battery. Would this cause the motor or anything to become too hot or have people had success doing this?
Is your battery a 2s or 3s? In my 6 year old son's Kraton we run two 2s packs in parallel with the Castle MM2 and 2200kv motor (this system can run on 2s and is the reason I replaced the BLX185 with it) and he gets twice the runtime I do in my vehicles running the same batteries as 4s and 6s. The motor and esc are always really cool even with the extended runtimes.

If your batteries are 3s with the stock BLX 185 system, you can run them in parallel for double the runtime. The first time you run them though I would stop after like 20 minutes and quick check temps and the battery cells to make sure they are draining the same.

Is your battery a 2s or 3s? In my 6 year old son's Kraton we run two 2s packs in parallel with the Castle MM2 and 2200kv motor (this system can run on 2s and is the reason I replaced the BLX185 with it) and he gets twice the runtime I do in my vehicles running the same batteries as 4s and 6s. The motor and esc are always really cool even with the extended runtimes.

If your batteries are 3s with the stock BLX 185 system, you can run them in parallel for double the runtime. The first time you run them though I would stop after like 20 minutes and quick check temps and the battery cells to make sure they are draining the same.
I’m running it on 2s. Both my batteries are the same brand same everything. But rather than stop and have to swap it out I’d rather just use them both at the same time. The cars already a heavy beast so I didn’t think a 2nd battery would matter much.

Thanks for your info. I’m gonna order an EC5 parallel cable

I’m running it on 2s. Both my batteries are the same brand same everything. But rather than stop and have to swap it out I’d rather just use them both at the same time. The cars already a heavy beast so I didn’t think a 2nd battery would matter much.

Thanks for your info. I’m gonna order an EC5 parallel cable
Do you have the 3S or 6S senton? The info from the other post is referring to a 6S car, made to use either one or two batteries at a time. I don’t know if running parallel will affect anything besides too much weight to one side. But I would look further into it before trying it out.

Do you have the 3S or 6S senton? The info from the other post is referring to a 6S car, made to use either one or two batteries at a time. I don’t know if running parallel will affect anything besides too much weight to one side. But I would look further into it before trying it out.
I have the 3S. I'm just going to run it for a few minutes and check temps and battery drain and make sure it working okay before doing it for an extended period of time.

Oh I figured you had the 6s since you have the Senton listed under your Arrma RC's. Normally the Senton refers to the original 6s and the Senton Mega and BLX 3s go under the Mega & 4x4 category. Yes, the weigh being off balanced is really thing that you have to worry about, but it's safe to run batteries in parallel in any vehicle. It's still the exact same voltage, just increasing your runtime as long as you check that the packs are draining equally and checking temps.

The reason nobody does it is because there's no point. You might as well just rip out the pack and put the other one in after that one hits lvc, because 2 batteries just adds unnecessary weight.

I agree with @Peeeenuuutt that for the most part running parallel is unnecessary and does add weight. The only plus sides really are doubling the runtime and doubling the available amps that the batteries are capable of putting out, so it could be argued that it's easier on the batteries.

Out of my 10 vehicles I own, I only run parallel batteries in two of them. One of then is my Mini Erevo for weight balance as there is a battery box on both sides of the chassis. The other is my son's Kraton, I will out two 2s batteries in it in parallel so that he can run for twice as long as I can with my 4s/6s rigs and that vehicle is also designed/setup for 4s/6s batteries so I keep the weight balance close to what it's designed for. Other than those, I would just swap out the packs myself, but if you want to run parallel, you can.

I run two 2s 5000maH 50c in parallel on my Slash 4x4 with the BLX 185 ESC, a 2850kv motor, steel axles and big tires. No issues at all (except that it's a Traxxas, sort of ;))

Attachments

• 20181209_233213.jpg
    20181209_233213.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back