Senton Blx red 180 ESC slow throttle acceleration response time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtttstrm21

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys,

I have zero knowledge about ESC's and wanted to quickly ask what parts I need to upgrade to give my senton instant throttle acceleration response time??
The stock red blx180 is so slow to accelerate and doesn't suit my driving style.

Should I upgrade the stock red blx180 ESC?

If yes, could someome please recommend which other ESC I should buy thats best value for money?

Cheers Tommy

The red blx180 isn't any good, you can't do anything about the throttle response. Send it into Hobbico, Arrmas parent company, and they will send you a new blx185, takes less than a week.

I just wrote a letter and included it in the package I sent them, said it's shorting out and not running properly, they will send you a new one no questions asked. Their warranty is awesome.

The senton i got came with the blx180 updated v2 with the black check marks on it and throttle response is instant. Maybe i would just upgrade it. I will be when mine goes out to a hobbywing max 8 prob

Last edited:
Ok I will take ur advice and send the red blx 180 into hobbico and ask for the 185.
I am from Australia so do I send it to hobbico or is there a place in Australia that will take less time to post in the mail?

I also am having shorting out issues regularly which only adds to the list of problems that has left me with zero confidence everytime I take the Senton out for a drive.

But enough complaining and crying from me!!
With all the help I am receiving from members of this forum I will tackle each issue 1 at a time until my Senton is how I envisioned it would be when I bought it from local hobby store:)

Thanks ASenton for providing the Australian arrma contact details.

I shall send my 180 BLX ESC in and ask for it to be replaced with the 185 BLX.

Np. My esc was starting play up a few days ago only on 6s the usual shutdowns. So im putting in a hobbywing max 8 today. yeah they will replace it for you or tell you where to send it to

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back