Senton blx spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam-G

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi Guys. So out with my Senton Blx on a bash round the park today I lost forward and reverse Which was replaced with a loverly whining sound. Took it apart when I got home to find the spur gear shredded. The truck is stock still , so my question is do I go with the steel upgrade part the stock composite part or is there another option. Also what else should I consider replacing while it’s in bits. Any device tips or links would be appreciated. Thanks
Liam

You can get a hr spur, or the 4s arrma spur.. replace both spur and pinion at the same time..

Also check your motor bearings.. if you have side to side play in the shaft at the pinion side that would be the cause of your spur failure...?

You can get a hr spur, or the 4s arrma spur.. replace both spur and pinion at the same time..

Also check your motor bearings.. if you have side to side play in the shaft at the pinion side that would be the cause of your spur failure...?
Cheers, I’ll check for the movement. ??

If you upgrade to the 4S spur, you will need one more slipper pad. If your Senton pads are octagon shaped, you will need four castellated pads. Might be simpler to buy an assembled 4S slipper instead of just the spur gear.

Thanks for the info, I was planning on buying a complete part. However the 4s option looks to be out of stock here at the moment in the uk.

Thanks for the info, I was planning on buying a complete part. However the 4s option looks to be out of stock here at the moment in the uk.
How much movement is ‘ movement ‘ should it be tight, no movement? at all apart from spinning obviously.
There is a tiny bit of play??

How much movement is ‘ movement ‘ should it be tight, no movement? at all apart from spinning obviously.
There is a tiny bit of play??

Zero movement side to side.. ?.. if you have movement, the bearing is smoked, and your mesh will never be correct because of that.. easy way to wipe out spurs constantly...?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back