Senton Senton BLX vs Slash Platinum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do allow it on the Platinum. That is the only model of theirs that I have seen it allowed on.
I wasn't aware of that, haven't looked at Traxxas stuff much lately, I have a 4x4 stampede for my son and I, both heavily upgraded, and a tmaxx that's heavily upgraded, that's what got me into the Rc trucks to begin with, but I have $800-900 into each of those to make them durable, when I wanted a short course truck, I didn't want another Traxxas I had to put a bunch of money into friend of mine has the ultimate and can't keep up with my friends and I on the track, no matter which one of us is driving it, we think it's not heavy enough, plus he's still breaking it all the time, didn't break my senton till I was on clay and only the left front lower a-arm, 3 so far, I've just put heavier springs and shock and diff oils, well, clay tires as well into it, pretty happy with its performance so far

Thanks but I avoid buying anything big on ebay anymore since they introduced their "import charge" I already had an argument with them when they charged me this import charge on a jean which was below the minimum liable for import here and they didn't change their rule. This seems to be to me to be an additional way to charge for items... so I'm not buying from ebay unless it is small and doesn't include their import charges.
In this case once I had the cost of the chassis + shipping + their import charges it is less then 100 euro cheaper than a ARTR version here and I still need a body to it too. So not worth it. But hey thank you for looking out nonetheless it is appreciated. :)

Looking if I can find a similar one in Europe. But the price he's selling the new chassis at would be very good indeed without these extra charges.

You really have to put some money into the slashes to get them to hold up, unless you buy the platinum version, those are $600 plus new, just to let you know, tower hobby has a 3 pay option that lets you pay 1/3 the the price once a month for three months equaling the total, they have coupons on there website which brings the cost of a senton down to under $400 shipped, comes with everything you need except batteries, for the senton you need 4s or 6s batteries, you can use two 2s batts or two 3s batts in series, although they're crazy fast in 6s, pretty tough truck though, love mine!

Thanks for your response... it really confirms the Senton is the one to go for.

Last edited:
More thoughts -

IMHO, there are only a few reasons to buy a Slash 4x4 -

1- You are an admitted Traxxas Fan Boi.
2 - You want a "Custom" truck, and want to bling it out with off the shelf parts.
3 - you are a Noob, and thought it looked cool on the shelf.
4 - you need it to race in a "Spec" class that only allows stock slash's.

If Traxxas would cut about $100-$200 off the price of the slash, it could be a good choice. But considering it's flaws, and it's highest price in it's category, I just don't see the point.

You want a pure basher? Senton. Toughest, fastest, bla bla bla, you know the drill.

You want a basher/racer, or you just don't want a 4s car? Troy Lee SCTE RTR is $50 less than the Slash, and is almost ready to race.

Traxxas makes a decent car, it is just way overpriced.
I agree with u 100% about the slash I love it but for how I have in my slash after upgrading it I cold have bought 3 senton

wow, all good feedback, the Senton it will be but it is so surprising that the Slash has that reputation or unless its success is tight to the huge array of parts and options available to customise it but overall the feedback seems consistent... go for the senton.
Quick question though, The Senton has the same electrics are the Kraton which is 1/8 scale, is the Senton also 1/8 or 1/10??

No Slash!
Too expensive and not really good value if you consider build quality/price.

The Senton is a crazy beast!
The size of an 1/10 SCT 4x4, with a very sturdy 1/8 buggy hidden underneath it.

And it runs on 6S...complete madness!

It is on my wish list.
Unfortunately Towerhobbies is out of reach for us European's tax wise, and the prices over here are still high

wow, all good feedback, the Senton it will be but it is so surprising that the Slash has that reputation or unless its success is tight to the huge array of parts and options available to customise it but overall the feedback seems consistent... go for the senton.
Quick question though, The Senton has the same electrics are the Kraton which is 1/8 scale, is the Senton also 1/8 or 1/10??

A few thought from the old guy in the hobby -

When I re-entered the hobby a few years ago, one thing that quickly stood out to me is how much tougher the car are now, compared to the cars I was playing with late '80s/early '90's. I've done things with my Talion and Kraton that would have left my bashers of yesteryear a smoking pile of broken RC parts - and the Arrma's came away unscathed.

When Traxxas started selling the Rustler and Stampede way back then, they were considered among the toughest RC's around. The issue is - most all Traxxas cars are still built to that same quality standard, while many other brands have built their cars much tougher. Meanwhile, Traxxas will not build their quality up - they have found a balance - tough enough to keep most customers happy, but they break often enough to keep hobby shops happy selling parts. This is not a bad thing - customers are happy, shops are happy, Traxxas is happy. But better options are out there...

As far as the scale question - the whole "1/10 SCT" class is a bit of an odd size - larger than most 1/10 cars, and almost exactly the same size as a 1/8 buggy. The Senton is in that same class - ROAR legal as a 1/10 SCT. Under the skin, it is 1/8 scale - both in power and toughness, and in weight. If you wanted to race it, you would need a 2s power system, and then that extra weight will be holding you back, compared to a Losi SCTE or a Tekno SCT410. Both of those are also based on 1/8 scale buggies, like the Senton, but they are running lighter chassis/drive line/a-arms/ect to help with the 2s power.

A few thought from the old guy in the hobby -

When I re-entered the hobby a few years ago, one thing that quickly stood out to me is how much tougher the car are now, compared to the cars I was playing with late '80s/early '90's. I've done things with my Talion and Kraton that would have left my bashers of yesteryear a smoking pile of broken RC parts - and the Arrma's came away unscathed.

When Traxxas started selling the Rustler and Stampede way back then, they were considered among the toughest RC's around. The issue is - most all Traxxas cars are still built to that same quality standard, while many other brands have built their cars much tougher. Meanwhile, Traxxas will not build their quality up - they have found a balance - tough enough to keep most customers happy, but they break often enough to keep hobby shops happy selling parts. This is not a bad thing - customers are happy, shops are happy, Traxxas is happy. But better options are out there...

As far as the scale question - the whole "1/10 SCT" class is a bit of an odd size - larger than most 1/10 cars, and almost exactly the same size as a 1/8 buggy. The Senton is in that same class - ROAR legal as a 1/10 SCT. Under the skin, it is 1/8 scale - both in power and toughness, and in weight. If you wanted to race it, you would need a 2s power system, and then that extra weight will be holding you back, compared to a Losi SCTE or a Tekno SCT410. Both of those are also based on 1/8 scale buggies, like the Senton, but they are running lighter chassis/drive line/a-arms/ect to help with the 2s power.
yes all this makes sense. thanks for your response.

No Slash!
Too expensive and not really good value if you consider build quality/price.

The Senton is a crazy beast!
The size of an 1/10 SCT 4x4, with a very sturdy 1/8 buggy hidden underneath it.

And it runs on 6S...complete madness!

It is on my wish list.
Unfortunately Towerhobbies is out of reach for us European's tax wise, and the prices over here are still high

Yes I'm with you on the towerhobbies... not really viable option... So I spent time browsing for good deals primarily in the UK and France so to don't get stung with import taxes. Bought my son's Kraton from wheelspinmodels.co.uk. I find them good (though now they seem limited to only 2 Arrma cars for some reasons???) but also get few bits from modelsports.co.uk... there are others of course but I watch the exchange rate and lately it has been more in our favour than previously, making RC cars and other RC gears in general more accessible.

Last edited:
Yes I'm with you on the towerhobbies... not really viable option... So I spent time browsing for good deals primarily in the UK and France so to don't get stung with import taxes. Bought my son's Kraton from wheelspinmodels.co.uk. I find them good (though now they seem limited to only 2 Arrma cars for some reasons???) but also get few bits from modelsports.co.uk... there are others of course but I watch the exchange rate and lately it has been more in our favour than previously, making RC cars and other RC gears in general more accessible.

Unfortunately wheelspinmodels does not offer the Senton.
On many other Arrma vehicles I find nice bargains, but not on the Senton among other :(

I will keep my eyes out there for one.
I am not in a hurry ;)

I enjoy my Kraton v2 and my Nero. Arrma has really impressed me no doubt. I have about 4 1/10 scale trucks and a SCT slash 2x4. I'm looking at both the slash platinum and the senton blx. I threw in a Sidewinder 3 combo by Castle in the slash and it got so fast it started lifting up like a plane taking off. Then after a month - receiver stopped working and now the deans leads are green from seawater from this summers beach runs. So I'm looking at the slash platinum and the senton. To me - the senton has 1/8 scale drivetrain and internals built for 6s torque. The senton also has weight esp with my dual 7400MAH 70c Lipos from SPC. This weight goes a long way when I'm flooring the senton off road. Keeps it stable and that brings me to the slash. Total chaos at speed. It acts like a stool with a motor under it almost. Too light but still fast. Now this is a 2x4 so it's also the rear pushing the front. Tower has the Senton for 429$ too and the slash platinum is almost 600$. I'm getting the senton - any advise would be appreciated.
After the coupon ban on all Traxxas related rc's at Tower Hobbies. If you was a club member, you could still get a $60 off coupon on the Platinum 4x4 so $340 to your door. I just took a look and the use of coupons for the Platinum has been taken away now. I don't see supporting Traxxas anymore!!! I'm pro ARRMA from here on out!!! Senton all the way!!!!! ;)

FB_IMG_1457303756878.jpg
FB_IMG_1457252403896.jpg
I was a Traxxas fan boy for quite a few years!!! Not anymore, I'm over the Traxxas brand name. If the coupons come back, then I could be willing to buy back into the brand name. All depends upon the coupons!!!

Last edited:
After the coupon ban on all Traxxas related rc's at Tower Hobbies. If you was a club member, you could still get a $60 off coupon on the Platinum 4x4 so $340 to your door. I just took a look and the use of coupons for the Platinum has been taken away now. I don't see supporting Traxxas anymore!!! I'm pro ARRMA from here on out!!! Senton all the way!!!!! ;)

View attachment 5815
View attachment 5816
I was a Traxxas fan boy for quite a few years!!! Not anymore, I'm over the Traxxas brand name. If the coupons come back, then I could be willing to buy back into the brand name. All depends upon the coupons!!!

That is quite a collection!
Over here - on the other side of the pond - we have no coupons nor very large webshops like towerhobbies :(
The prices of Traxxas products over here are crazy!
That is what I think one of the reasons Arrma (and many more affordable brands) are gaining popularity here.

Over here - on the other side of the pond - we have no coupons nor very large webshops like towerhobbies :(
That is what I think one of the reasons Arrma (and many more affordable brands) are gaining popularity here.
FB_IMG_1457305590575.jpg FB_IMG_1457305514560.jpg

FB_IMG_1457303521704.jpg FB_IMG_1457303249928.jpg FB_IMG_1457305404994.jpg

I still love Traxxas, I just have a hard time paying the higher prices, after being able to buy and saving so much more money. With the coupons, I just can't bring myself to pay the extra cost and get less for the same amount of money. If I would have never been able to use the coupons, then it wouldn't hurt so much ;)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1457310128616.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457310128616.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 42
  • FB_IMG_1457303720630.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457303720630.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 37
  • FB_IMG_1457305590575.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457305590575.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 38
  • FB_IMG_1457302191486.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457302191486.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 41
  • FB_IMG_1457299315974.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457299315974.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back