Senton Senton BuildšŸ˜…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MambaSenton

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Whatā€™s up yā€™all, kind of already started this build prior to making this account but will post whatā€™s done so far and update as I go

Grabbed a Senton V3 Blx after having 2 K6s wanted a 10th scale.

Started off with motor bearing issues after my 2nd/3rd use, replaced bearings twice in the spektrum 3200 than a shaft problem.. warrantied thru HH but was back ordered for about a month or so. I was not aware of Jennyā€™s at the time so my lhs recommend me a castle mambaX/4600kv motor.. terrible combo motor got extremely hot after a few runs fan setup seemed pointless to me but was told it was still helping lol.

C718A2DE-E772-46BC-983F-2011BEEAB308.jpeg

Moving forward added a dusty motors cover to keep all the debri that gets In the chassis. Along with some blue ā€œbig boreā€ shocks. (Broke the shaft on the stock arrma shocks)
8F8CF9D7-B9F3-4C1B-8D86-9D89ECF6F045.jpeg

Next was another motor lol went castle again but 3800kv with 5mm shaft. Seen that was the one they paired with there race series/sct application. Have had good luck so far did have to do bearings and it was getting hot again on 3s, I use the truck what itā€™s intended for flat surface racing on dirt/gravel/sand. KV drop helped but would still get hot on 3s even with 15t pinion.. cut off on me once with temp set to 140ish.
B9E49324-2A35-4965-9614-ABA8463974FE.jpeg

Soooooooooo finally today we have a new package! šŸ‘€šŸ‘€
271E3905-2AC5-4830-9AC3-4701A79BD859.jpeg
4A04810C-6C42-4765-848B-FACBA464F967.jpeg
5C8E5F39-0701-4563-BBAC-13B1597094B8.jpeg

Thing of beauty I tell ya šŸ˜, going to slap this 2400kv in with a 18t piƱon(better suggestions please let me know) add a double fan thatā€™s coming today and Iā€™m expecting zeroooo heat issues on 3s I may even grab a 4s pack just to give it a shot.

I donā€™t have much planned for it after this besides maybe some metal gears down the line/diff yokes. Since finding out about Jennyā€™s Iā€™ve ordered a host of spare parts to have Incase breakage.
-Hubs/bearings
-Driveshafts
-Diff with bearings/new gears
-13t input gear(2)
-Steel Turn buckles
-stock servo
-Rpm A arms F/R
-Fast eddy bearings for car/motors
-Tire glue
-Shock oil
-Diff fluid
-spur gears(3)
-slipper pads
-body clips

Will update once motor goes in and I give it a run! šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

Last edited:
Welcome and looking forward to this build!

Motor fan actually needs to blow air over the motor and yes it helps tremendously (do not mount like you showed in the first picture). If the fan breaks (and it will soon) get an alu-framed version, they are worth the extra $.

Motor temp can be up to 160F, ok to raise it. ESC can go up to 195F without damage.
Motor must stay below 180F, above, and you will see failures soon due to the epoxy holding the magnets in place.

Welcome and looking forward to this build!

Motor fan actually needs to blow air over the motor and yes it helps tremendously (do not mount like you showed in the first picture). If the fan breaks (and it will soon) get an alu-framed version, they are worth the extra $.

Motor temp can be up to 160F, ok to raise it. ESC can go up to 195F without damage.
Motor must stay below 180F, above, and you will see failures soon due to the epoxy holding the magnets in place.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ yea i I changed the position once I installed the 3800, thank you for the info!

I was going to switch to a dual fan now that I have the room. Iā€™m going to run a 18t p do you think that will suffice with the lower kv? Maybe a trial error

I agree with @jkflow on the motor fanā€¦good to see you have it flipped around in the second pic. Iā€™m sure the dual fan setup will help.

Nice build thread!! Itā€™s always nice to see how others setup their trucksā€¦. SOMEDAY, I will do oneā€¦LOL

Update

Motors is slightly bigger than 3800kvšŸ˜…
2CAC9535-8CEB-4E15-B4A8-E3F2CA1B754D.jpeg

Mounted up

57D410C6-95F8-4098-B721-394DB830B65D.jpeg

Read these fans donā€™t blow to hard which in fact is true šŸ˜‚, but needed a dual style heat sink and was fastest/cheapest I found(amazon)
235A0030-8BF1-48CB-A2DD-ACE7D58292B3.jpeg

5BDC5D2F-7AE4-4757-99BC-B3AB0B22749A.jpeg

Eventually Iā€™ll be switching fans. Looking for suggestions if none will probably install these wtf fans onto the existing heat sink

8CCC6926-CD9B-4E74-AC99-718462B1B94D.jpeg

Hopefully going to run it today later on, nice 75 degree day out here!.

Update:

Half day at work finally got to take the senton out to try everything!

Initial impression on 75% under geared? I realize dropping kv I should go up piƱon size I was on a 15 now 18 as mentioned above. I understand my top end will not be the same as well n this is a lot more tq.

Should maybe try a 20t? Or am I just used to the 3800 top end?

Motor is not warm at all to the touch I couldnā€™t find my temp gun in my tool bag (probably on my cart at work) but what a major difference in heat compared to the previous two motors!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Update:

Finally got my 22/25t RR pinions from amain.(usps seems slower than ever?)
A666A9AD-F465-4944-8D57-85AE59A49304.jpeg

Going from the 18t to the 25t now and if itā€™s to much Iā€™ll drop to the 22. As stated 18t was way under geared for the 2400kv
EDD45CBF-C03A-451F-AC2A-7F140B6E8926.jpeg

Hoping to get out tomorrow supposed to be 65 n sunny probably the last day in the 60s lol. Will report back hopefully tomorrow!

Update!

D32819C9-0392-4AC3-8562-2CFB6C81A751.jpeg

Out as I type this, car is running outstanding with 25t pinion,Zee 3s 100c battery. motor is barely hot after doing 3-4 hot laps on 100%!(temps for esc n motor under 100f) I am beyond pleased with this set up and can finally say itā€™s dialed to my liking!!šŸ˜.
image.jpg

It could be time to finally move on to something bigger šŸ‘€

Nice motors but from what Im reading you have kind of missed the sweet spot for KV size on these little 1/10 trucks if running 3s. Your LHS took you waaaay to high on KV to be on 3s and the reason you were overheating so often. Then as you came back down the chart you skipped the best size and the OEM motor is in that range. 3100 to 3300 KV motors with a 20 tooth pinion as the Arrma engineers originally set it up, with stock diameter tires. Obviously with gearing youā€™ve brought the truck speed up, but your motor rpms are so much less than a 3200 kv motor would have been on 3s turning 35,520 rpm (your 2400 is only 26640 and thats going to make for a very slow car). A 2400 kv really needs to be on 4s, as that puts it back at 35,520 rpms.

Also FYI, ive found with these Arrma power modules, too big of pinion will bind on the outer cover as the clearance inside is meant for around a 22 th max. So id suggest double checking for wear/grinding marks inside the housing cover.

Nice motors but from what Im reading you have kind of missed the sweet spot for KV size on these little 1/10 trucks if running 3s. Your LHS took you waaaay to high on KV to be on 3s and the reason you were overheating so often. Then as you came back down the chart you skipped the best size and the OEM motor is in that range. 3100 to 3300 KV motors with a 20 tooth pinion as the Arrma engineers originally set it up, with stock diameter tires. Obviously with gearing youā€™ve brought the truck speed up, but your motor rpms are so much less than a 3200 kv motor would have been on 3s turning 35,520 rpm (your 2400 is only 26640 and thats going to make for a very slow car). A 2400 kv really needs to be on 4s, as that puts it back at 35,520 rpms.

Also FYI, ive found with these Arrma power modules, too big of pinion will bind on the outer cover as the clearance inside is meant for around a 22 th max. So id suggest double checking for wear/grinding marks inside the housing cover.

Yea that 4600 was a wastešŸ˜‚, 3800 was naturally better but still got hot. Castles 3200 didnā€™t have a 5mm shaft for me, have the stock 3200 still new In box will go on a roller, that was over heating with stock 20t as well when I first got the truck.

Have not one complaint running the 25t with the 2400, runs just as fast as my 3800 did with a 15-17t imo, running pass after pass temps havenā€™t reached over 108f on esc or motoršŸ˜. Can crawl this thing with the sensored set up zero cogging,

Have a 22t pinion for 4s just no batteries yet, looking forward to that!

Will check module for wear although I thought it could accommodate up to a 27t?. Cars extremely quiet rolling and under loadšŸ˜Š thx for the input!

Update!

View attachment 177197
Out as I type this, car is running outstanding with 25t pinion,Zee 3s 100c battery. motor is barely hot after doing 3-4 hot laps on 100%!(temps for esc n motor under 100f) I am beyond pleased with this set up and can finally say itā€™s dialed to my liking!!šŸ˜.
View attachment 177198

It could be time to finally move on to something bigger šŸ‘€
I put a set of Scorched fenders on my Senton, https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/inner-fender-wells-arrma-senton-3s . Really helped to keep debris out and I don't have to mess with a zipper. They ship to the US.

Yea that 4600 was a wastešŸ˜‚, 3800 was naturally better but still got hot. Castles 3200 didnā€™t have a 5mm shaft for me, have the stock 3200 still new In box will go on a roller, that was over heating with stock 20t as well when I first got the truck.

Have not one complaint running the 25t with the 2400, runs just as fast as my 3800 did with a 15-17t imo, running pass after pass temps havenā€™t reached over 108f on esc or motoršŸ˜. Can crawl this thing with the sensored set up zero cogging,

Have a 22t pinion for 4s just no batteries yet, looking forward to that!

Will check module for wear although I thought it could accommodate up to a 27t?. Cars extremely quiet rolling and under loadšŸ˜Š thx for the input!
Yeah I really want to try a sensored set up. I need to stop buying the sensorless stuff and just bite the cost bullet and do it. Like my latest Senton Monster build cogging, that truck would be so much more fun if it was smooth off the start line to 1/4 throttle in lieu of cog cog cog putt putt putt then nitro button fast :-(

Yeah I really want to try a sensored set up. I need to stop buying the sensorless stuff and just bite the cost bullet and do it. Like my latest Senton Monster build cogging, that truck would be so much more fun if it was smooth off the start line to 1/4 throttle in lieu of cog cog cog putt putt putt then nitro button fast :-(

Yea that is extremely aggravating Lol, you will most definitely notice the difference. Night and day !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back