Senton Senton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbl-A

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Picked up a Senton roller (without wheels/tires) not long ago and started piecing things together.I went with some Duratrax 1/8 buggy wheels and some Pro-Line Badlands. I decided to tape the insides before I mounted them as I didn't what any ballooning.
Senton-1.jpg
Senton-2.jpg

Added a HobbyWing ESC and a trusty Leopard 4082!
16T pinion to start with.

Senton-3.jpg

I had an old Parma Nissan Titan body I used to use on my Clodbuster sitting around and I wanted to see what it would look like on the Senton. After some trimming and some new mounting holes, it doesn't look too bad!

Senton-4.jpg

Broke a lower A-Arm my first run after it cartwheeled down a hill. I was a bit surprised as it wasn't a bad roll at all...So I did the washer mod on the ball ends. The fender washers are a bit large (1") but are easily filed down for clearance. So far so good. Hit some big jumps and rolls and no issues.

Senton-5.jpg

Last edited:
Wider is better.
Kraton Hubs, Stubs and Hexes. Can't wait to test it out!

Senton-6.jpg

It keeps the upper and lower A arms from cracking where the ball ends screw into. It increases the surface area to spread the load over the entire mounting point of the A arms and keeps them from failing. For some reason this only happened to me on the shorter Senton A arms and has never been an issue on the bigger stuff like my Kraton.
The fender washers I used are too big but they work well. I haven't had any A arms fail since I added them. :happy:

Finally had a chance to run the Senton with the new setup. Kraton hubs, stubs and hexes, added 200k to the center diff and added some Tekno green springs and went up 2 teeth on the pinion to an 18T. My goal is to make it a great 4S truck and after the run I'm very impressed! It absolutely rips. Ran it hard for a full pack and temps were fantastic. Lipo, Motor and ESC were all just warm and the added width made stability great. The new springs seem at home with the stock dampening and turn in is greatly improved with less nose dive.
Here's a photo after the rainy run.

Senton-7.jpg

Enter...MegaSenton!
After adding the Kraton Hubs, Stubs and Hexes I added some ProLine F-11's and Badands MX 2.8's.
This thing is going to be a beast!

View attachment 5799

View attachment 5800
Dubbl-A that's a sweet ride bro, great job from a roller. You'll have to shoot a vid or give some feedback on how she runs with the new treads. I still need to glue my son's 2.8 Trenchers on the F11s for his Truggified Typhon. Have fun!

I like that a lot. To fit those wheels and tires, do I need all of the Kraton parts? Or can I just buy the Associated RC8 hub extensions?

I found out the issue with the RC8 extenders is that they are drilled for a larger pin than the Arrma size,so they are loose when installed. I fit 2.8 Badlands on my stock Senton with a little clearance work on the back of the wheels and the top of the front hubs. Can post pics later tonight.

I like that a lot. To fit those wheels and tires, do I need all of the Kraton parts? Or can I just buy the Associated RC8 hub extensions?

Thanks!
Yep, its really easy.
Just jump on ebay and order Kraton Hubs, Stub axles and hexes for all 4 corners and you're good to go.

Dubbl-A that's a sweet ride bro, great job from a roller. You'll have to shoot a vid or give some feedback on how she runs with the new treads. I still need to glue my son's 2.8 Trenchers on the F11s for his Truggified Typhon. Have fun!

Thanks a lot! I'm liking how it looks and can't wait to try out the new shoes.
It's been a while since I shot a video so I'm gonna have to do that soon.

I found out the issue with the RC8 extenders is that they are drilled for a larger pin than the Arrma size,so they are loose when installed. I fit 2.8 Badlands on my stock Senton with a little clearance work on the back of the wheels and the top of the front hubs. Can post pics later tonight.
You could drill your axel pin holes a tad bigger or use paper glue to hold stock pins in place and still be removable later. I've spoken online with someone who uses the glue trick with success running TA hex adapters.

Do you have the part numbers to the stuff your order to make your senton wider? Looks awesome!

I don't have the #'s at the moment but just jump on ebay and search Kraton parts and theres a few sellers with complete hub sets, cvd axles and hexes. That's what I did.

Also, my stock servo took a dump and I added this Power HD servo.
Over 300oz/in of torque at 6v @ about $40 shipped.
It's working great for the size and weight of the Senton.

s-l500.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back