Senton differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarslinger75

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm having a hard time keeping steel output diff gears in my senton. Originally I put a 6s set up but too much power and it ate 2 left side back diff gears. So I put the original set up back and still after 3 or 4 minutes I don't have 1 tooth left in my diff gear.... and that's the 4th one in under a total of 15 minutes run time on all 4. Any suggestions? Could it be that my diff case is no good

Did you happen to reinstall it right the shims in there? I know some people have had that issue.

Yeah everything is in there. I just don't get it. Up until it happened it ran fine. 6s was a bad idea lmao but still after I cleaned everything and put new gears in, and put back the old motor and esc it still took every tooth off 2 gears. And it's the same one every time.
2 with no teeth at all is 6s lol but the one that has a couple left was the original motor and the one in the truck right now is most likely the same by the lack of slip in the diff lol more like a choppy straight axle lol

Attachments

• 20200821_231934.jpg
    20200821_231934.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200821_231900.jpg
    20200821_231900.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Well don't run it on 6s ?
And if you're using the HotRacing diff gears, the stock plastic ones are tougher. They can handle 4s, I don't think you'd want 6s in the 4x4 trucks unless you hate diffs

Lol it was a try out and it was way too much power and I'm just running the stock diff and 2 chewed up gears are with the original motor... so I'm guessing my diff case is screwed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back