Senton Senton ESC Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Lancour

Reaction score
New to the forum and to RC in general. As a first truck to bash with the neighbors I bought a Senton Mega.
Found out pretty quickly it needed an upgrade so I bought the GoolsRC 4300kv brushless.
Truck is much faster but I have 2 issues:
1. How can I mount the new ESC since there isnt a way to mount the same as the old ESC mounted?
2. The motor runs hot with the stock gearing setup and is plenty fast now for a rookie. Would a 15 tooth pinion gear do the job in helping the motor run a bit easier thereby run cooler?

Welcome to the forum :)

1. Most ESCs that aren't specifically made to mount in these trucks with 3M double sided tape and sometimes an extra zip tie thrown in just in case.
2. Going down in pinion size in general will give the truck more torque at cost of top speed, so yes it should help keep it cooler with a smaller pinion because it will not struggle as hard to drive the wheels. You can also add a heatsink and/or fan to the motor to help as well.

Just a FYI, a 4300kv 3650 size motor is what I assume this truck is running. That small size and high of a KV is going to struggle pushing a 4x4 1/10 truck, some get away with it but most times they end up battling issues with temps. Two things affect torque, 1.) physical motor size, 2.) KV value. The size thing is easy, larger motors = more torque, but if you wanted to compare two motors both 3650 sized, the one that's got a higher KV (RPM per volt) will spin faster (aka more speed), and the one with the lower KV will spin slower (less speed), but have more torque so will run better, cog less, reach peak speed faster, etc.

Use double side tape for mounting the esc.. just be sure to clean both surfaces very good with alcohol..

Lower pinion tooth count will lower temps..?

Both of these guys above said valuable words. Perfect summary on the 3650 size can being a tad undersized and I agree with the 3M tape with super clean surfaces. An extra zip tie never hurts too!

Appreciate the replies, I picked up a 15 tooth pinion today so lets see what that does to the temps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back