Senton Senton esc throttle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msgreene77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey, all. I have a problem with my relatively new Senton 6S BLX. I was out bashing in a dirt area, and jumping a 3 foot high dirt mound, when my Senton stopped responding properly to throttle input. It happened after a jump that landed nose heavy on the front right wheel. For the record, it wasnt a high jump and only traveled ten feet from the dirt mound. It didnt land all that hard. No visible damage I could see after the jump.

However, when I throttled up to go again the truck didnt move right away. There was a delay of 2 to 3 seconds before I heard the motor engage. Brake/reverse response also had the same delay. I haven't taken it apart yet. I wanted to see if anyone has had this problem. The throttle response is also no longer gradual. I used to be able to make it creep at slow speed. Nope. Not now. It engages immediately into lower medium throttle and up to full speed, but no slow speed at all. Still has a 2 to 3 second delay to throttle input. doesn't matter if it is forward or reverse, still happens.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I would check all of your connections, from the ones on your receiver box to the motor leads. Maybe you cracked a solder joint. Maybe a wire got nicked. Check over everything. Then reset the ESC and recalibrate. See if that helps.

Last edited:
It engages immediately into lower medium throttle and up to full speed, but no slow speed at all.

My son had exactly this problem at Christmas with his Mega ESC (with the red light flashes before full speed)
We changed ESC and solved the problem (don't know if Horizon will ship another under warranty… still waiting)
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back