Senton Senton front a-arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyr30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I've been racing my senton at the local indoor track, I'm starting to get the setup figured out as far as springs, shock and diff oils, tires, starting to get some good lap times now, but I keep breaking the left front lower a-arm, 3 in a row now, does anyone know of a stronger replacement? Just when the racing gets good snap, and I'm out for the night, bummer,

Boil the arms in hot water to make them a little more flexible. This should fix your problem. be sure to suspend the part and not let them settle to the bottom of the pan. I usually do this with a piece of wire over the side if the pot. Don't use your wife's nice pot either...

Put in water bring to boil and shut it off. parts should be ready when they cool off. if it'still still too stiff boil a little longer.

Boil the arms in hot water to make them a little more flexible. This should fix your problem. be sure to suspend the part and not let them settle to the bottom of the pan. I usually do this with a piece of wire over the side if the pot. Don't use your wife's nice pot either...

Put in water bring to boil and shut it off. parts should be ready when they cool off. if it'still still too stiff boil a little longer.

I'm on the way to my LHS I'll give it a try, thanks!

As someone who is going to start racing the senton I'd be interested in hearing you're setup.

As someone who is going to start racing the senton I'd be interested in hearing you're setup.
Well, I'm still figuring it out but so far I'm running black 84mm 72gf/mm pt#td330786 springs in rear with 30 weight team associated shock oil, red 75 mm 88gf/mm pt#td330816 in front with stock oil which is 80 weight, I filled the center diff with 50weight Traxxas diff oil, filling that center diff made a huge improvement I'm running proline rebar tires on de racing Trinidad wheels, my track is pretty sticky clay, stock knobbys were sliding all over, tires were a huge improvement, I ran it like that last night, after last nights running I'm gonna fill the front diff with 10 weight that should help the front pull more in the corners, we'll see, like I said, I'm still sorting it out, also toe'd the front wheels out about a degree, seems to center them faster, I can out run the guys with the losi's on the straights but there getting me thru the twisty corners, hoping the 10 weight in the front diff helps, also thinking of going down to 40 weight in the front shocks, gonna practice Wednesday might do it then

Well, I'm still figuring it out but so far I'm running black 84mm 72gf/mm pt#td330786 springs in rear with 30 weight team associated shock oil, red 75 mm 88gf/mm pt#td330816 in front with stock oil which is 80 weight, I filled the center diff with 50weight Traxxas diff oil, filling that center diff made a huge improvement I'm running proline rebar tires on de racing Trinidad wheels, my track is pretty sticky clay, stock knobbys were sliding all over, tires were a huge improvement, I ran it like that last night, after last nights running I'm gonna fill the front diff with 10 weight that should help the front pull more in the corners, we'll see, like I said, I'm still sorting it out, also toe'd the front wheels out about a degree, seems to center them faster, I can out run the guys with the losi's on the straights but there getting me thru the twisty corners, hoping the 10 weight in the front diff helps, also thinking of going down to 40 weight in the front shocks, gonna practice Wednesday might do it then
Appreciate the info!

One thing you can do to really help the durability of the lower front arm is swap out the plastic piece that goes between the metal ball and the arm with an Associated 25220 5mm washer. The metal washer helps to better distribute the load on the arm.

You also may consider switching to a T-Bone front bumper for more front end protection.

Best regards,
Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back