Senton/Granite

Thread starter #1
I'm still looking to get a Senton 3s BXL. I was curious about how it runs on grass, in case you want to go to the park and rip it up.
Would the Granite 3s BXL be a better choice just due to the condition I would probable me running on mostly. There will also be trail running, since I will be taking it on small hikes.
I love the looks of the Senton. The truck, just look off to me, The body looks to small, I know it needs to clear the tires. But like I said before. I like the more scale,ish look.
But I could like the Granite just because it would out perform in more aggressive conditions.
Thoughts please. Cheers

Arrma RC's
Senton
I'm still looking to get a Senton 3s BXL. I was curious about how it runs on grass, in case you want to go to the park and rip it up.
Would the Granite 3s BXL be a better choice just due to the condition I would probable me running on mostly. There will also be trail running, since I will be taking it on small hikes.
I love the looks of the Senton. The truck, just look off to me, The body looks to small, I know it needs to clear the tires. But like I said before. I like the more scale,ish look.
But I could like the Granite just because it would out perform in more aggressive conditions.
Thoughts please. Cheers
I bought the (Senton) first in the middle of October.
More fun for me and places I can use the trucks, as you see with the pictures. :love: :cool: :) (y)
Granite is also perfect for higher grass and snow in my course. :) (y)

They are very efficient and very good quality of the plastic. (y)
I had a problem with the (ESC), but it happens to all the trucks in general.;)

I will buy other Armma trucks soon. (y) (y) (y)
For the moment the scale of 1/10, is perfect for me. :love:
Thank you my friend. Yvan (y)

Attachments

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
More fun for me and places I can use the trucks, as you see with the pictures. :love: :cool: :) (y)
Granite is also perfect for higher grass and snow in my course. :) (y)

I will buy other Armma trucks soon. (y) (y) (y)
Which esc failed? The BLX100?

Arrma RC's
Senton
Yes! BLX 100. (y)
I use 3 three batteries and the truck started to lose power.
Two days later on the football field, I started several times the (ESC), before driving with the truck. :confused:
At home in the street (ESC), did not want to work anymore. :cry:
I replaced it for new (BLX 100) and now my Senton 3S BLX is full power. :love: :cool: (y)
Yvan :)

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
Yes! BLX 100. (y)
I use 3 three batteries and the truck started to lose power.
Two days later on the football field, I started several times the (ESC), before driving with the truck. :confused:
At home in the street (ESC), did not want to work anymore. :cry:
I replaced it for new (BLX 100) and now my Senton 3S BLX is full power. :love: :cool: (y)
Yvan :)
Did you send it in for warranty?

Thread starter #7
More fun for me and places I can use the trucks, as you see with the pictures. :love::cool::)(y)
Granite is also perfect for higher grass and snow in my course. :)(y)

I will buy other Armma trucks soon. (y)(y)(y)
I think the perfect combination would be, A Senton with Granite wheels. 👍

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
For grass, Big tires win, every time.

If you want to put Granite tires on the Senton, lots have done it. You just need to trim the wheel wells out more to clear, and maybe raise the body just a bit. It won't look quite as scale as with the stock wheels, but not as Off as the Granite.

Thread starter #11
For grass, Big tires win, every time.

If you want to put Granite tires on the Senton, lots have done it. You just need to trim the wheel wells out more to clear, and maybe raise the body just a bit. It won't look quite as scale as with the stock wheels, but not as Off as the Granite.
Has anyone got any pictures of Sentons with Granite wheel/tires?
I would like to see how it looks and how they did it.

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
There are pics of the Senton 6s (same size, body) with 2.8MT tires (this is the Granite tires size). Also, you can search for "Monster Slash" pics - most of the time this is just a Slash (SCT like the Senton) with 2.8MT tires.

yak22

Arrma RC's
Talion
I have the Senton 3S BLX and while I’m probably going to put granite wheels on it in the near future, it’s totally capable of handling grass on the stock wheels. It’s a pretty powerful truck for 3S so it just pushes through the grass without much effort.

Thread starter #15
I have the Senton 3S BLX and while I’m probably going to put granite wheels on it in the near future, it’s totally capable of handling grass on the stock wheels. It’s a pretty powerful truck for 3S so it just pushes through the grass without much effort.
Would it require any gear change to help out the taller wheels?

yak22

Arrma RC's
Talion
Would it require any gear change to help out the taller wheels?
I’d assume it will. But I haven’t done it yet, so I can’t say. But from what I recall the Senton and the Granite come with different pinions for exactly that reason.

razorrc

Arrma RC's
Granite, Senton
It's pretty clear -- if running short course tires, use the 20t. If running monster truck tires, use the 15t. That's it!

pl9171

Arrma RC's
Senton
Has anyone got any pictures of Sentons with Granite wheel/tires?
I would like to see how it looks and how they did it.
Talking of tires… Don't have Granite wheels, bu my daughter uses rear 2,2"/3,0" M2 (medium) Trencher on her Mega at the track. Couple of mm taller compare to the Dboots (front);

IMG_1479.JPG

It will be the same for my son (Mega).
PL

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I agree, a 1/10 4x4 SCT with proper wheels can handle grass pretty good. BUT - a 4x4 MT, with bigger tires will handle grass Better.