Senton Senton Hybrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@9G

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon TLR
I love my Sentons. Since buying one used from LHS I've built 2 more and bought another as a roller from @Rcproponent.

0y8REPX4Sjai3uJDRErsfA_thumb_1c7.jpg
TrhrN0MiQGOFklU3kJKk6w_thumb_1c8.jpg

The one on the left is my beater. She's got a MMX8S with the Hobbywing 4985 motor. The middle is my Senton 8S project with an XLX2 and TP 5650 1440KV. The third is the roller I got from @Rcproponent that I've thrown a MMX8S with a TP 4050CM 2300KV in. I love the platform cause its lightweight, easy to work on, and I can get speed and power out of it. But I wanted to do a drag/extreme speed bash version so here it goes. Here are the details of what I've put together so far:

Scorched CF Typhon Chassis
Scorched Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Holder (set to 0.7 degrees)
Vitavon diff cases front and rear
Vitavon Kraton hubs/stubs front and rear for extra width
JustBashIt +20mm hexes front and rear for extra width
JustBashit one piece extended height servo mount
Futaba S9372 servo
GP5 diffs front and rear (one shim added to each for better mesh) 1M front, 500k Rear
Speedtek RC 39T spool in the center and SpeedTek diff cups (front and rear)
Limitless towers/shocks front and rear
M2C chassis braces and rear skid plate
TLR Typhon motor mount
SFR CF flat diff cover (wish this guy was still in business)
Basherqueen CF steering top plate
Senton 6S rear bumper and Notorius/Outcast 6S front bumper with 3DRC support
GPM Mojave Front/Rear arms (needed wider stance for Senton body to sit as low as possible; makes it open wheel)
@Tex Koder Receiver Box Extension

Here are photos of what I've got so far:

+k8HCp7PRp+gt+d5eU+d6A_thumb_1b0.jpg
AX+x3g3uT8eLzGnGIpDexQ_thumb_1b1.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1b2.jpg
+zrdMlGHTBCLbO1wSUREvw_thumb_1b3.jpg
2WIarwbPSZ2w0KBVB4CBRg_thumb_1b4.jpg
809ykbUgSPS3%%ZRWsTH+Q_thumb_1b5.jpg
m625%U%jQQ+miWmtSzkL4A_thumb_1b8.jpg

BsxaCurIRMyBTwq+scVPEw_thumb_1bf.jpg

Here are some pics with body. Haven't figured out how I'm going to mount it yet but I want it low and the Mojave arms help with that. I have some Senton arms also but the body would have to sit higher to have the wheels tucked under.

Gg0dW+ZvR1evbVE9itCgIQ_thumb_1bc.jpg
Ecmmdk%+SEOP1X+fhAeVng_thumb_1bb.jpg
JuZ18rEISpKxwdp8zeO4Hw_thumb_1b9.jpg
wDzJtv5fR7mwPyNe8X1kBw_thumb_1ba.jpg
YTxausiAQm+cRdovshIPgw_thumb_1bd.jpg

I figured the Senton body also gives me enough height to throw an XLX2 in her. I've got one of those slanted mounts from EBay but I was looking for a better option. The Ebay mount makes it difficult to change the center gear. I saw a mount by @chris adams and he offered to make me the one he has in his Typhon. He shipped it yesterday so once I get it installed I'll show the results.
As far as a motor I've got a couple in hand that I might try. I'm gonna run 6S mostly but I do want the option to do 8S:
-Castle 1717 1650KV (great for torque and gearing up and I can run 8S)
-TP 4050CM 2850KV (nice motor but it does get hot on 6S. No 8S option)
I really wanna try a TP SVM motor. I'm looking at a 4050-SVM 2580KV Sensored or a TP 4060-SVM 2130KV Sensored from r-mamba brushless (EBay).

If you have an suggestions please feel free to comment. I need all the help I can get.

Very nice build.
These sort of build tempt me to build up a better looking car.
Thank you. I appreciate it especially coming from you. You're one of the guys I follow closely. I admire the work you put in.

The mount from @chris adams came in. Nice piece of work and I'm extremely grateful. He actually sent me 2 with different heights.
KXJ6n0ukShqjJw97DaKLFQ_thumb_1cf.jpg

After looking at them it appeared they wouldn't fit the way he had them in his Typhon. I think its because his Typhon is stretched with the Talion chassis so his servo mount faces the rear as opposed to the normal SWB chassis where the servo is sideways. So I decided to attach his mount to the stock ESC mount and turn it sideways. I'm not much of a carpenter and it took me way too long to drill two holes (the aluminum he made this with was resilient to say the least). My idea did work though...

aAZD4V5oTtanyTAG7+4jPg_thumb_1ce.jpg
2Ryyk36KSL24y%APbD8H4A_thumb_1cd.jpg
r6+TomkHSw2sTdaD9I0%+g_thumb_1cc.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna mount the XLX2. Since drilling holes ain't my cup of tea (at least when it comes to RC) I'll probably just use double sided Gorilla tape. Also need to think about which direction I want it to sit. Any input would be appreciated...

Sideways (motor wires facing to the side):
zFWfUnONQKKwkIWCsqAKjA_thumb_1cb.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ca.jpg

OR

Forward
(motor wires to the back)
ou8uRqxcTvOwKpStD5dIkg_thumb_1c9.jpg

Hell yeah brother, glad you could make it work. Mine has survived several 120+ crashes and the worst that happened was it bent some and I just bent it back. If you want to shorten the amount of wire nessasary, 90⁰ male bullets will do the trick. I drilled a hole in the side of the cup, then filled it with solder. Just idea. Sweet build brother

20221217_224319.jpg

Maybe build esc mounting plate off of the center diff mount like I have done for my kraton, outcast, senton.

Would allow room for a cap pack in the stock esc location. HW max5 mounted.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-leopard-4092-1730kv-on-6s.7869/

View attachment 283797
View attachment 283798
I've stared at this build so many times. I LOVE this! All the screws and the anodizing are right up my alley. This is a piece of art. I try to model my builds off of stuff like yours. I've got a few questions:
- How do you get that mount off if you want to change the center diff or to do maintenance?
- Is that motor 92mm long? I'm trying to decide on a motor and want to know the maximum length that fits on the SWB chassis.
I'm thinking about going TP 4050 (which is 82mm I think) or maybe 4060 (over 90mm??). I want to do higher KV too (between 2200 and 2600).
With the mount I got from @chris adams I'm thinking about putting a fan underneath the ESC facing the motor. Any thoughts on if this will give me good cooling? I might put a velcro on the other side facing the servo for a GPS.

I love my Sentons. Since buying one used from LHS I've built 2 more and bought another as a roller from @Rcproponent.

View attachment 282528View attachment 282529
The one on the left is my beater. She's got a MMX8S with the Hobbywing 4985 motor. The middle is my Senton 8S project with an XLX2 and TP 5650 1440KV. The third is the roller I got from @Rcproponent that I've thrown a MMX8S with a TP 4050CM 2300KV in. I love the platform cause its lightweight, easy to work on, and I can get speed and power out of it. But I wanted to do a drag/extreme speed bash version so here it goes. Here are the details of what I've put together so far:

Scorched CF Typhon Chassis
Scorched Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Holder (set to 0.7 degrees)
Vitavon diff cases front and rear
Vitavon Kraton hubs/stubs front and rear for extra width
JustBashIt +20mm hexes front and rear for extra width
JustBashit one piece extended height servo mount
Futaba S9372 servo
GP5 diffs front and rear (one shim added to each for better mesh) 1M front, 500k Rear
Speedtek RC 39T spool in the center and SpeedTek diff cups (front and rear)
Limitless towers/shocks front and rear
M2C chassis braces and rear skid plate
TLR Typhon motor mount
SFR CF flat diff cover (wish this guy was still in business)
Basherqueen CF steering top plate
Senton 6S rear bumper and Notorius/Outcast 6S front bumper with 3DRC support
GPM Mojave Front/Rear arms (needed wider stance for Senton body to sit as low as possible; makes it open wheel)
@Tex Koder Receiver Box Extension

Here are photos of what I've got so far:

View attachment 282537View attachment 282538View attachment 282539View attachment 282540View attachment 282541View attachment 282542View attachment 282543
View attachment 282544

Here are some pics with body. Haven't figured out how I'm going to mount it yet but I want it low and the Mojave arms help with that. I have some Senton arms also but the body would have to sit higher to have the wheels tucked under.

View attachment 282545View attachment 282546View attachment 282547View attachment 282548View attachment 282549

I figured the Senton body also gives me enough height to throw an XLX2 in her. I've got one of those slanted mounts from EBay but I was looking for a better option. The Ebay mount makes it difficult to change the center gear. I saw a mount by @chris adams and he offered to make me the one he has in his Typhon. He shipped it yesterday so once I get it installed I'll show the results.
As far as a motor I've got a couple in hand that I might try. I'm gonna run 6S mostly but I do want the option to do 8S:
-Castle 1717 1650KV (great for torque and gearing up and I can run 8S)
-TP 4050CM 2850KV (nice motor but it does get hot on 6S. No 8S option)
I really wanna try a TP SVM motor. I'm looking at a 4050-SVM 2580KV Sensored or a TP 4060-SVM 2130KV Sensored from r-mamba brushless (EBay).

If you have an suggestions please feel free to comment. I need all the help I can get.
Bro,those are 3 badazz to the bone S6s...an build is awe dropping..Great job..

😍

Since this is the early versions of the 6s line the whole center diff mount needs to be removed and disassembled.

The 4x flat head screws go through recessed holes from top of mounting plate to the hot racing front/rear/top center diff mount components.

Yes, the motor is 92mm long; leopard 4092 1730kv.

Bro,those are 3 badazz to the bone S6s...an build is awe dropping..Great job..
I'm just trying to be like you! LOL I don't have all the tools and skills you have but I try. You are the MASTER of chassis rearranging.

I'm just trying to be like you! LOL I don't have all the tools and skills you have but I try. You are the MASTER of chassis rearranging.
Lol,ya should show more of your stuff,ya never got dull content or rides.castle 8s escz in sentons are about badazz as it gets..if arrma brought the S6 back it would blow the rc game up.they are so fast an fun ..

Lol,ya should show more of your stuff,ya never got dull content or rides.castle 8s escz in sentons are about badazz as it gets..if arrma brought the S6 back it would blow the rc game up.they are so fast an fun ..
I gotta invest in a GoPro so I can get some running footage. I'm always testing at this point cause I feel like after a little over 2 years I'm just getting the hang of building and wrenching.

I've stared at this build so many times. I LOVE this! All the screws and the anodizing are right up my alley. This is a piece of art. I try to model my builds off of stuff like yours. I've got a few questions:
- How do you get that mount off if you want to change the center diff or to do maintenance?
- Is that motor 92mm long? I'm trying to decide on a motor and want to know the maximum length that fits on the SWB chassis.
I'm thinking about going TP 4050 (which is 82mm I think) or maybe 4060 (over 90mm??). I want to do higher KV too (between 2200 and 2600).
With the mount I got from @chris adams I'm thinking about putting a fan underneath the ESC facing the motor. Any thoughts on if this will give me good cooling? I might put a velcro on the other side facing the servo for a GPS.
Tp 4060 2620kv fits in a swb, so I would assume that the 4060cm 2610kv would fit as well. Awesome looking build so far bro, can't wait to see it all finished!!🥰😃👍🤘🤘

20230323_210806.jpg

20230323_220523.jpg

Built from scratch or Repair builds? I would build from scratch but it's more expensive way to get another RC. :/
I converted a TLR , bought one from rcproponent and built two more... also picking up a next to new roller locally, maybe this weekend...Mike

Tp 4060 2620kv fits in a swb, so I would assume that the 4060cm 2610kv would fit as well. Awesome looking build so far bro, can't wait to see it all finished!!🥰😃👍🤘🤘

View attachment 288769

View attachment 288770
Thanks for the pics showing it will fit. I was a little worried it would be too long. I saw where @K-BASH squeezed a 1721 in one of his SWB. I only wish I was that damn good!! LOL

Thanks for the pics showing it will fit. I was a little worried it would be too long. I saw where @K-BASH squeezed a 1721 in one of his SWB. I only wish I was that damn good!! LOL
Check out latest creation vendetta with xlx2 an tp4060.ran 101mph on 2s other day with it..fastest 2,3,an 4s detta

20230325_122325.jpg

20230327_190155.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back